Hold list for UW MSTP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

purplerainbow

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"This notice is intended to bring you up to date on the status of your application to the University of Washington Medical Scientist Training Program. I apologize that we have not made a final decision on inviting you to interview. You are currently highly placed in the "hold" list category. We receive a large number of applications and many are re-reviewed at future committee meetings. Your application has been included in this category."

Anybody else get this or heard of success/failure stories?
 
I received the same letter today @purplerainbow. It's better than a rejection, but not great. Still - UW MSTP is an excellent program, so being on hold means we're competitive at the very least. Here's hoping we see each other at the interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the same letter today @purplerainbow. It's better than a rejection, but not great. Still - UW MSTP is an excellent program, so being on hold means we're competitive at the very least. Here's hoping we see each other at the interview.
When were you complete? 8/8 for me
 
Does anyone have suggestions for getting off this hold list? This is my #1 choice so I'm eager to do anything possible. Although I've made some major strides in my research and a pub is on the horizon, I haven't submitted yet. Is there any point in updating them?