You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Holiday Company Parties
Started by SpirivaSunrise
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bah....
This year's budget is $12/person...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is your pharmacy doing? Do you typically throw a company sponsored party? If so, off or on-site?
My DM has all of the PIC's and store managers at his house for a afternoon and night of drinking and games.
My partner and I took the staff to dinner this past Sunday......
Dinner at a nice restaurant. Of course they schedule the damn thing at night so the night pharmacists are pretty much unable to go.
My pharmacy manager just got fired a couple weeks ago and we have a new manager now. It will be interesting to see if there's a party or not... 🙄
I plan on working all week and taking an extra day next Monday night in another district to avoid the most miserable day of the year as thoroughly as possible. I actually went in search of and got an extra shift like 2 districts over damn near in Jersey just so I can work through Xmas Eve into the wretched day. The wifey did, too. We shall make bank on what is to me just another day. Ha, fools!
After work, I'm getting Chinese food and watching Django Unchained during its first screening. Then I might go to Atlantic City and take in the madness of AC being taken over by the Asians. December 25th shall be a good day. All you have to do to enjoy that day is to remove all associations it has with Christmas.
After work, I'm getting Chinese food and watching Django Unchained during its first screening. Then I might go to Atlantic City and take in the madness of AC being taken over by the Asians. December 25th shall be a good day. All you have to do to enjoy that day is to remove all associations it has with Christmas.
Last edited:
This year's budget is $12/person...
Honestly, I'm shocked you're not somehow using your 132nd vacation day of the year to fly to Qatar or something.
No party, but we do have stockings at work with our names on them. I've gotten some free crispy kreme coupons, a candy cane, and usually get a card with $10-$20 around xmas
I'm hoping this isn't all we get for the annual rant.I plan on working all week and taking an extra day next Monday night in another district to avoid the most miserable day of the year as thoroughly as possible. I actually went in search of and got an extra shift like 2 districts over damn near in Jersey just so I can work through Xmas Eve into the wretched day. The wifey did, too. We shall make bank on what is to me just another day. Ha, fools!
After work, I'm getting Chinese food and watching Django Unchained during its first screening. Then I might go to Atlantic City and take in the madness of AC being taken over by the Asians. December 25th shall be a good day. All you have to do to enjoy that day is to remove all associations it has with Christmas.
When our devout Muslim manager started at the jail, there were whispers among the nurses that she would cancel our Christmas party. As they increasingly got their knickers in a twist, I recall getting grumpy, saying the Christmas craptacular was likely to go forward as usual.
After all, it's not so much a Christian thing per se; it's our annual Winter Solstice gorge-fest. In Corrections, we are all about the food. As it so happens, it occured today.
The jail kitchen throws in a huge hunk of roast beast, I guess a hindquarter of roasted cow, couple gallons gravy, and a wheelbarrel of roasted potatoes. In addition, we do a pot-luck, everybody generally bringing dishes reflecting their culture. Lots of my workmates are from the West Indies, so somebody always brings my favourite thing, oxtail. Our manager brought halal chicken curry and weird middle-eastern candies. And there were deviled eggs, various salads, macaroni and cheese, rice and peas, Chinese food, millions of cookies, buckets of trifle, brownies, banana chips, Jamaican black cake, chocolate cake, Black Forest cake, cheesecake in 5 flavours, beverages, etc. Guards ask if I'm contributing any methadone to the festivities. And so forth. And the rest of my shift I'm trying not to falI asleep.
I'm going to go work out now.
After all, it's not so much a Christian thing per se; it's our annual Winter Solstice gorge-fest. In Corrections, we are all about the food. As it so happens, it occured today.
The jail kitchen throws in a huge hunk of roast beast, I guess a hindquarter of roasted cow, couple gallons gravy, and a wheelbarrel of roasted potatoes. In addition, we do a pot-luck, everybody generally bringing dishes reflecting their culture. Lots of my workmates are from the West Indies, so somebody always brings my favourite thing, oxtail. Our manager brought halal chicken curry and weird middle-eastern candies. And there were deviled eggs, various salads, macaroni and cheese, rice and peas, Chinese food, millions of cookies, buckets of trifle, brownies, banana chips, Jamaican black cake, chocolate cake, Black Forest cake, cheesecake in 5 flavours, beverages, etc. Guards ask if I'm contributing any methadone to the festivities. And so forth. And the rest of my shift I'm trying not to falI asleep.
I'm going to go work out now.
This year's budget is $12/person...
$30 here. We decided to do gift cards. Do you know how tedious it is the sign all these damned cards? I only wrote stuff for pharmacy staff and non-pharmacy staff I know, otherwise it's the generic happy holidays. 😛
After work, I'm getting Chinese food and watching Django Unchained during its first screening. Then I might go to Atlantic City and take in the madness of AC being taken over by the Asians. December 25th shall be a good day. All you have to do to enjoy that day is to remove all associations it has with Christmas.
I had an incredibly difficult time finding Chinese food on Christmas a few years ago. That's when I decided which Chinese restaurant would get all of my business while living in DC.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My pharmacy manager just got fired a couple weeks ago and we have a new manager now. It will be interesting to see if there's a party or not... 🙄
he should if he knows how to rally the staff again the unavoidable pains of change in leadership. Very much a necessary evil even if the doesn't believe in it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
D
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 5K