holy crap i got an interview now what???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dokholiday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I was invited to TUCOM nevada last week for an interview. The crazy thing is they offered the interview before I was given the secondary. I'm nervous/excited and I'm wondering what the 30 min interview will be like, if anyone could please share there experiences thatd be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks but it says the link is broken try again?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks but it says the link is broken try again?

I just clicked on the link and it works fine. Mayb u should give it another try.
Congrats on ur early interview. Don't forget to share ur experience with us when u come back. :)

okay...you got an interview...now what?

I THINK you...GO to it...I don't know for sure, though, since I have not gotten an interview yet. I'll let you know what I decide to do when I do. :thumbup:

just remember: they offered you an interview because they believe already that you are academically competent to complete medical school. Basically they are now just wanting to know that you have a good personality and are able to fit in with the mission of the school.

You've already passed the major test of getting an invite, just act natural from here on out and you should be fine.

You've already passed the major test of getting an invite, just act natural from here on out and you should be fine.

Sounds like the simplest, most accurate suggestion you will get.

If you go to school in Vegas you only really need to know two things:

1) Always split aces and 8's.
2) Always double down on 11 when the dealer shows <16.

Do these things and you will be fine.

there's more to it than that. every person who gets an interview passed the "academic test." however, not every interviewee is accepted. DO schools, though, seem to admit the majority of interviewees. the same isn't true for MD schools...

the point is don't take the interview lightly. it is very important. maybe or maybe not now, but it surely will be significant for residency matches in 4-5 years so it's good practice.

check out the SDN Interview Feedback section.

there's more to it than that. every person who gets an interview passed the "academic test." however, not every interviewee is accepted. DO schools, though, seem to admit the majority of interviewees. the same isn't true for MD schools...

the point is don't take the interview lightly. it is very important. maybe or maybe not now, but it surely will be significant for residency matches in 4-5 years so it's good practice.

check out the SDN Interview Feedback section.

I completely agree with you, the interview should not be taken lightly, however the applicant should be somewhat relieved at this point since they have passed a major point in the interview process.

As for residency matches... that is years down the road. Their performance in medical school will determine how and where they match. This years match list has no correlation with where they would match three/four years down the road.....no match list is the same.

At my school they only sent secondaries to those that were offered an interview. They had current students take us to lunch on the interview day and they said that virtually anyone interviewed was offered admission.

So short of walking into the interview room and urinating on the desk or using profanity or a racial epithet during the interview you are probably sitting pretty.

At my school they only sent secondaries to those that were offered an interview. They had current students take us to lunch on the interview day and they said that virtually anyone interviewed was offered admission.

So short of walking into the interview room and urinating on the desk or using profanity or a racial epithet during the interview you are probably sitting pretty.

that's only for a few DO schools. you need to find out which ones. going in with that attitude to most schools will get you rejected. terrible advice.

Last edited:
They invited me too! I will be there at the end of the month. I have been reading up on the "interview feedback" section of this website. It seems to have a lot of insight on what will mainly be asked at the TUCOM interview. I would also be familiar with the school and its values and what not. Other than that, I am not sure what else to expect. Just be confident in your answers, and most of all, be honest!

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this, but search the SDN forums for interview feedback to see how the interviews at this school went last year.

Also, be prepared to answer questions like: "what makes you a better candidate than the other applicants we will interview today?" "what are your biggest strengths?" "What are your biggest weaknesses?" "Explain the osteopathic philosophy" "Why our school?"

These are some of the standard interview questions that have come up at several interviews...

Get yourself a pimp suit:

35d0cf81f30138d00875b46a6cacab28.image.300x450.jpg

Just roll in there and say "look Roger C why should I accept YOU?" in your most deserving tone.

That should do it. :smuggrin: