Holy Crap Yale Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spencerxd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got it 5 mins ago!!

"Dear Yale School of Medicine Applicant:

Congratulations! Our Medical School Admissions Committee has completed
its initial evaluation of your application, and you have been selected
to come to the School for interviews. We look forward to meeting you
and helping you learn more about the Yale University School of Medicine."

holy crap...wth...blind sided by this

PS: I have an 8 in verbal. There is hope for us low verbal scores people. Keep the faith

Members don't see this ad.

Care to share your other stats?

Congrats!!!! I can imagine that's quite a rush.

I didn't apply to Yale, but it's nice to know (I have an 8 in PS). But if you really want to help people "keep the faith," how about sharing your general gpa and the ballpark of your overall MCAT. After all, you could have a 4.0 gpa and a 38 MCAT: 15 8 15!

Members don't see this ad :)
stats:

overall: 3.92
bcpm: 3.96
mcat: 13P, 12B, 8V (33Q)

good job. When were you complete there?

My sister said that one was fun. One of the guys is like an ex-CIA profiler and during the group interview messes with peoples heads.

(Or so it was in '02)

didn't happen

good job. When were you complete there?

submitted 7/21, complete 7/27.

but i saw on MD apps someone who submitted mid August. So I think they reviewed a bunch of interviews already and are sending out invites now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Postbacker, you need a little optimism in your life. Your posts depress me but beyond that, you are unnecessarily critical of people who haven't asked for it.

congrats!! i am so jealous. and really hoping for an email like yours =)

that profile needs updating...anybody else think that is a very high risk # of schools, even with that profile? - he has no room for error...

:laugh:
sarcasm much?

stats:

overall: 3.92
bcpm: 3.96
mcat: 13P, 12B, 8V (33Q)

i love you!! those are my stats too and i just got the mcat today! i was ready to jump the boat or something but this is truly inspirational. wahoo! yay for you!

Postbacker, you need a little optimism in your life. Your posts depress me but beyond that, you are unnecessarily critical of people who haven't asked for it.

???

I wish I hadn't read this thread...But congratulations.

I just got one too. I am so excited, I can't even describe it!!!!!! Congratulations!

(Also, I'm a Yale undergrad, so if you need a place to stay, I have a couch you can stay on, and I'm a 15 minute walk from the med school, which is closer than any of the hotels)

Sorry, I'm just tired of SDN's "thou shalt get a 3.95 and a 40 on the MCAT or thou shalt only be accepted to Caribbean schools" attitude that I see sometimes.

I'm a fan of the application X factor, myself.

:laugh:
sarcasm much?

Nope - I would think he would apply to more of his state schools...whats he got: 10 apps, all but 2 are in the top 10 or so USNEWs list, only one instate public...seems risky to me...I would generally think someone should apply to most if not all instate schools no matter what their stats...also his ECs, etc., are pretty average...guess I am just pessimistic, huh?

I just got one too. I am so excited, I can't even describe it!!!!!! Congratulations!

(Also, I'm a Yale undergrad, so if you need a place to stay, I have a couch you can stay on, and I'm a 15 minute walk from the med school, which is closer than any of the hotels)

dudee that'd be so awesome. I think we have a good chance of having the same interview date too. I'll hit you up on SDN later

Sorry, I'm just tired of SDN's "thou shalt get a 3.95 and a 40 on the MCAT or thou shalt only be accepted to Caribbean schools" attitude that I see sometimes.

I'm a fan of the application X factor, myself.

You haven't gotten anything like that from my posts, and I have never seen anybody else say it, either...

Congrats! Would you mind saying where you go for undergrad?

Just got it 5 mins ago!!

"Dear Yale School of Medicine Applicant:

Congratulations! Our Medical School Admissions Committee has completed
its initial evaluation of your application, and you have been selected
to come to the School for interviews. We look forward to meeting you
and helping you learn more about the Yale University School of Medicine."

holy crap...wth...blind sided by this

PS: I have an 8 in verbal. There is hope for us low verbal scores people. Keep the faith

Congrats!!...i'd be just as excited as you if i got an invite from them...that's one of my top schools OOS ...if you can hear me Yale, please give me an interview!

i dunno, I dont find offense in what postbacker is saying.

I would be nervous only applying to top schools---the system is so unpredictable, I wouldnt want to take any chances!

I guess some ppl are just more gutsy than me.

Congratulations!! I have the exact same stats as you. It is great to hear there is hope!

Hi pre-meds, YSM-1 here.

Congrats on the interview; Yale is the best medical school in the world (no, seriously) and you should definitely come. And stay with a med student for your interview, you'll have a better experience.

Part 2: The timing of your interview is of literally zero importance. People interviewing now have the same chance of acceptance as those interviewing in February etc. so to those who haven't been contacted yet... be patient.

Best of luck!

CONGRATULATIONS. You must be stoked... SO STOKED!!

I felt the same way you did when I heard back from 2 of my top choices within 2 days!

best of luck.

awesome!!! good luck!