Holy **** I'm done with third year!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why are you people so happy. The pain and torture just continues with electives through the summer that you have to study-up for, and residency applications looming. And Step II. My required fourth year rotations still have exams.

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you people so happy. The pain and torture just continues with electives through the summer that you have to study-up for, and residency applications looming. And Step II. My required fourth year rotations still have exams.

And there lies the catch.

I have 0 exams in my 4th year rotations. Even the required ones.

It is a beautiful thing not to have any exams. Go fourth year!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently in the WPIII - the weekend after MSIII...it still hasn't hit me yet that I don't have to go back to the Neuro wards tomorrow morning. And I'm with you, Leagueelbow, when you said that you scheduled yourself for a lobotomy after Step I...my year has been an overall orgy of devastating disappointments, especially in my Peds clerkship (what I actually want to do with my life, *sigh*). My advisor actually made me think I would have trouble matching somewhere "decent" in Peds with a 242 step I after only passing the clerkship...gaah. Stupid Wash U.

Anyway, bring on 4th year! My peds sub I will totally be better :). And I have NO requirements during 4th year except to somehow fill 36 weeks of 44 with something medical related. Not a single required rotation. Not a required sub-I, ICU or anything :)

Last edited:
I'm currently in the WPIII - the weekend after MSIII...it still hasn't hit me yet that I don't have to go back to the Neuro wards tomorrow morning. And I'm with you, Leagueelbow, when you said that you scheduled yourself for a lobotomy after Step I...my year has been an overall orgy of devastating disappointments, especially in my Peds clerkship (what I actually want to do with my life, *sigh*). My advisor actually made me think I would have trouble matching somewhere "decent" in Peds with a 242 step I after only passing the clerkship...gaah. Stupid Wash U.

haha, I don't go to nearly as prestigious a school but I certainly got the same "beat down" feeling

In looking over my evaluations for the year, I sadly realized that I had gotten the best marks and written comments during my 1st rotation

And it was in OB/GYN. Something I had (and continue to have) absolutely no interest in pursuing :laugh:

lol, I now realize that school "prestige" has little to do with how much or little your third year sucks. What sucks is being made to feel like everyone else is doing so much better than you are. I would have felt just as crappy anywhere else. My best evals were from a Family Med rotation with a doc completely unaffiliated with my school otherwise...and therefore still impressed with us...and from my Psych rotation where I honestly felt like I did nothing useful. Enjoyed myself thoroughly, but nonetheless...:p

Now, with 3 weeks left in M3 yr... I stand by my original statement. Yes the end is near, but I dont find it terribly climactic, for some reason. (Probably because I had checked out weeks ago).

Don't get me wrong, Im certainly glad to be almost over and done with the sado-masochistic anal rape sessions that are Shelf exams, but on the whole, M3 yr has treated me well, much better than M2 yr, which was significantly better than M1 yr.]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Add me to the done column. Welcome fellow 4th years!!!

I'm now in the done with MSIII year too! Bring on the 3-week break!!

Officially an M4 as of this morning, and how do I celebrate??

1. Moving heavy stuff into my new place
2. Picking up my brother from airport
3. Taking a road trip back to NY, just in time to start my first M4 elective on Monday at 8:30 am...

Can someone say, anticlimactic?

I'm so jealous of everyone. I still have 3 weeks and an exam.

yea im done as well and i can't believe how much better this is. im taking a totally chill 2 week elective filler during my 2 week vacation that requires me to basically show up and be present for a couple of hours. i love knowing that i really only need to work my ass off for 2 months this year (my EM aways) and then can coast.

Sorry, I can't resist:

Holy **** I'm a doctor now!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

2 more days...
1 last shelf...
and finally I have somecontrol over what I study!

Alleluia!

When can I begin saying exactly what's on my mind without fear of any repercussions? In February when programs submit their lists or Match Day? :cool:

2 more days...
1 last shelf...
and finally I have somecontrol over what I study!

Alleluia!

When can I begin saying exactly what's on my mind without fear of any repercussions? In February when programs submit their lists or Match Day? :cool:

6 more days... 1 medicine shelf

I've kinda already started saying what I'm thinking... depending on my intern. If I've got an intern who's totally into medicine, I'll hold it back, but I've had a couple anesthesia TY interns who are almost done and they just don't care.

Feb I'll be on my medicine sub-I and most likely, I'll be 95% checked out.