Holy macaroni!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NCDocWannabe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just registered for the MCAT and I am totally freaking outI It put into perspective just how far I've come in this whole pre-med rat race and made me immediately question my motivation for the path I've set out on. Does/did anyone else feel that way after registering?
 
Yeah, as soon as I paid for the registration I kinda freaked out and started thinking "What have I done?" hahaha. The price tag is what triggered the reaction.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My FB status after registering was "no turning back now!" Here we go!

* Looks at the MCAT study book on the desk next to her comp *

Ugh.
 
I freaked out when registering for the test, after I submitted AMCAS, and when I got my first secondary and interview invites. It makes you realize how fast life is moving. However, this process CRAWLS lol. good luck!
 
I actually chickened-out the first time.

I was under a lot of stress from work at the time; I had just started at a community ER and as the new guy I took a lot of flak. I started to resent medicine and actually changed my professional focus to chemistry.

Well, after working in an organic research lab for a year, I realized the day-to-day monotony of basic scientific research. I loved learning science, but disliked doing science. Things at work settled down, I found my niche, and gained the respect of my coworkers. After realizing that I really enjoyed clinical work I made a complete circle and set my sights on medical school again.

I registered for the Jan 30th MCAT this year and buckled down studying over winter break. I was nervous about my performance, but I slayed the test. I am now eagerly looking forward to applying this summer.

So, long story short, I completely chickened-out, but in the end, everything worked out fine. I think the apprehension you feel is completely healthy; just remember, you wouldn't feel this way if you were just laying around all day. A little anxiety means that you are moving in the right direction.

Good-luck!