home from the mcat for lunch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartydoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
oh man!!! im a .........im a not a big fan of this test.....
note to self and others........dont eat mcdonalds before the test..espcecially mcgriddles.......
good luck to everyone
back for round to in a few minutes

Members don't see this ad.

Here, from the break. All I can say is that the PS and VR have made an abject mockery of my intelligence so far. I had form DK loaded with physics and demand of rigorous computations--I was preparing for conceptual questions but saw lots of calculation-oriented types. VR sailed fine until the passages with 10 or so questions. I am still wondering whether to void--will confirm after the BS section. This is probably the hardest test I have seen--it beat the AAMC tests online hands down.

Just came from voiding my test. The physical science was kind of a disaster for two reasons: 1) (unbelievable) I miscalculated the time and started guessing too soon; and 2) I found it harder than the practice tests I took. One question seemed to require an awful lot of calculations for the amount of time given- maybe I missed something.
This was my second shot after getting an 8 in PS the first time. I didn't want to *drop* my score instead of boosting it!

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought PS wasnt too bad, i thought VR was tough, but i finished in time... so who knows (i felt ok about my answers though)

i had form CS

waiting for this to be over, lets see if my 12mins of WS prep pays off

People, please relax! It is very hard to know how you did on any given section. I was sure that my second MCAT was worse than the first until I got the score and it had gone up five points. Point is---try to enjoy the fact that your getting the thing over with and don't stress over the next couple of months. You probably did better than you think. I sure didn't think that I did as well as it turned out. Those questions that you guessed on or didn't answer correctly will fester in your brain if you allow them to. I am sending good luck to you with my psychic powers :luck: :luck: . I foresee that you have done well. :)

PS: I'll deal out some karma for you guys when my recharge is complete tomorrow. You've earned it.

I am in the library for my lunch break. My test has been a disaster. I panicked during the PS and ended up guessing on quite a few questions (5-10). Who knows how verbal went. My opinion of it is kind of tainted from the PS. I am praying for a 10 on PS! I can't believe that this happened... I have been getting 11-12 on PS in the practice exams.

sorry if i offend anyone or tick anyone off but ITS YOUR ONE HOUR BREAK - instead of jumping on SDN and panicking, just enjoy your one hour - its a great day out here in Jersey and hopefully my friends taking the test right now did just that during the break. Even if you think the test was going bad, coming out of ur lunch break totally distraught would not have helped for the remainder of the test.... but im interested in hearing feedback (brings back shudders of when i took it in august)

CarerraGT said:
sorry if i offend anyone or tick anyone off but ITS YOUR ONE HOUR BREAK - instead of jumping on SDN and panicking, just enjoy your one hour - its a great day out here in Jersey and hopefully my friends taking the test right now did just that during the break. Even if you think the test was going bad, coming out of ur lunch break totally distraught would not have helped for the remainder of the test.... but im interested in hearing feedback (brings back shudders of when i took it in august)

I knew someone was going to do the "its your one hour break..."don't get on SDN" reply. Why do you care what other people do on their break? If they're taking the darn test, they have earned the right to sit down where they want to sit on their break if they feel like it.

just finished WS... why am i here? because some people parked somewhere their cars are going to be towed and now my 10min break turned into a 40min break.

a side note, that was the first WS i have ever done. what a joke.

indyzx said:
just finished WS... why am i here? because some people parked somewhere their cars are going to be towed and now my 10min break turned into a 40min break.

a side note, that was the first WS i have ever done. what a joke.

I didn't practice it either, and it shows. :laugh:

I would have bet $100 that PS was likely to be my highest section (12/13). I guessed on at least 7 questions--this was not typical on ANY practice test as I at least had clues of the question. Today . . . now I am praying for a 10 :(

Nuel said:
I would have bet $100 that PS was likely to be my highest section (12/13). I guessed on at least 7 questions--this was not typical on ANY practice test as I at least had clues of the question. Today . . . now I am praying for a 10 :(

I'm sure that it was hard for everyone else too.

dan0909 said:
I knew someone was going to do the "its your one hour break..."don't get on SDN" reply. Why do you care what other people do on their break? If they're taking the darn test, they have earned the right to sit down where they want to sit on their break if they feel like it.

and i knew someone was going to do the "why do u care" reply. Why do you care what i post? I have the right to post whatever I want

spartydoc said:
oh man!!! im a .........im a not a big fan of this test.....
note to self and others........dont eat mcdonalds before the test..espcecially mcgriddles.......
good luck to everyone
back for round to in a few minutes

What happened, did you get the runs? Some explosive flatulence?

Nuel, this post echoes my thoughts during the lunch break. I ended up going through with it, and biological sciences rewarded me with stuff I had studied in great detail.

Nuel said:
Here, from the break. All I can say is that the PS and VR have made an abject mockery of my intelligence so far. I had form DK loaded with physics and demand of rigorous computations--I was preparing for conceptual questions but saw lots of calculation-oriented types. VR sailed fine until the passages with 10 or so questions. I am still wondering whether to void--will confirm after the BS section. This is probably the hardest test I have seen--it beat the AAMC tests online hands down.