Home Health PT question

Started by Hopein2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopein2010

DPT
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently signed on prn, with most likely 5-10 visits a week with the potential of going full-time if the caseload grows... Would it be reasonable to invest in a portable printer in order to print out HEPs at the eval? Or does your PTA print them and give them out at the next visit? I used the
HEP2go website quite a bit in skilled nursing.

Any advice, input, ideas would be appreciated 🙂
 
Either works. Printers are cheap and you can plug them in your car. I usually have copies of generic HEP from hep2go that I have made for TKA, THA, etc. Then I'll bring an updated one during re-eval or DC. The PTAs that I work with have HEP too, some are neat, some are pathetic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently signed on prn, with most likely 5-10 visits a week with the potential of going full-time if the caseload grows... Would it be reasonable to invest in a portable printer in order to print out HEPs at the eval? Or does your PTA print them and give them out at the next visit? I used the
HEP2go website quite a bit in skilled nursing.

Any advice, input, ideas would be appreciated 🙂

Hi Hopein2010, I'm switching to home health later this month. Just wondering if you purchased a portable printer, and if so, have you found it useful?
 
Portable printers are usually expensive. You can buy a regular printer (choose one that's not too big) and run it with this little gadget, in your car:

I also recommend getting an outlet splitter since you may have several things that need to be connected: GPS, phone, laptop, etc.