home vision therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We just started doing computerized home vision therapy for our NABF course. Are any of you guys doing this as well?

I think we have to do about 2 sessions at home per week. I think this is great for the patient, who doesn't have to go to the eye doctor to do vision therapy, but can do it at home, and the doctor can monitor the patient's progress with his own computer. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have toyed with it here at UHCO and it is a cool program. With our patient base here at the clinic though, it's a little cost prohibitive. But out in the real world I think it would be an excellent choice for someone who would like to work with it.

I do like that you can monitor their progress and tell whether or not they're telling you the truth about how long they're doing their training.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol :laugh:

It actually stands for Normal Abnormal Binocular Function, for those who don't know.

I'm not suggesting that this program does not work, but isn't one of the purposes of vision therapy to get kids AWAY from the computer and tv screen? How many people out their already spend far too much of their time sitting in front of these?