Honors College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erina

MS-IV
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're in the Honors College at your university, is this something you would put somewhere on the AMCAS? I think some Honors Colleges are considered pretty presitigious so you'd think this would be something the med schools would want to know...or maybe they find out through other means?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd definitely put it down...in fact...i did put it down!

C.P. Jones said:
i'd definitely put it down...in fact...i did put it down!

Did you put it under the activities section, I guess?

Members don't see this ad :)
Erina said:
Did you put it under the activities section, I guess?

yes, as brett said, i did put it in activitites under honors/awards

Unless you are desperate to fill all 15 work/activity experiences, I would not bother indicating that you are in the honors program in that particular section of the AMCAS.

Instead, when you have the option of selecting the college itself from the drop-down list, pick it but then edit the name so that it shows you attended the honors college... so let's say Harvard has an honors college, rewrite the name as "Harvard University--Honors College."

In addtion, make sure you designate every course attempted as "Honors."

I just noted on the classes that they were honors classes, and I think I'm going to put something brief in my Personal Statement about it. I'm getting a LOR from the dean of our honors college and so it will show up there as well.

shantster said:
I just noted on the classes that they were honors classes, and I think I'm going to put something brief in my Personal Statement about it. I'm getting a LOR from the dean of our honors college and so it will show up there as well.

What is an honours college? Is it like a special college within the university that only allows elite students?