hope is fading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
why does it seem as though everyone is getting interview invites except for me! when is it TOO late to hear back about interviews? do i need to start looking at retaking my mcats and re-applying? sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

It's pretty late and you might want to start mentally preparing to reapply in June. There's still a possibility, however, that you'll get an interview sometime in January or February. Don't give up hope completely.

What are your stats? If they are somewhat competitive, I would send out some update and/or intent letters to some of the less competitive schools that you have ranked high.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't freak out too much. I was really concerned about whether I should retake my 30R MCAT (I had like a 3.9+ GPA) last December when I had no interviews. It's really dependent on when your apps went out and the individual schools. I got my first invite in late December, one around early January, and my last one (which I declined) in late March. I had a friend with a 36 MCAT and a high GPA (like 3.9+) who also didn't get interview offers until Dec. and Jan. Many of my med school classmates got invites a lot later than I did (interviewing well into April) and still got accepted. So, while you might have to reapply, I wouldn't count on it at this point. Keep your hopes up as nerve-wracking as the process is.

Don't freak out too much. I was really concerned about whether I should retake my 30R MCAT (I had like a 3.9+ GPA) last December when I had no interviews. It's really dependent on when your apps went out and the individual schools. I got my first invite in late December, one around early January, and my last one (which I declined) in late March. I had a friend with a 36 MCAT and a high GPA (like 3.9+) who also didn't get interview offers until Dec. and Jan. Many of my med school classmates got invites a lot later than I did (interviewing well into April) and still got accepted. So, while you might have to reapply, I wouldn't count on it at this point. Keep your hopes up as nerve-wracking as the process is.

Excellent, amazing post from someone who has the experience and wisdom to quell some of the neuroticism on SDN. Thank you for helping to make SDN sane! (Or less crazy)

Excellent, amazing post from someone who has the experience and wisdom to quell some of the neuroticism on SDN. Thank you for helping to make SDN sane! (Or less crazy)

+1

it's funny this time of year, the holidays really bog the admissions process down. OP, you aren't out of it yet, especially if you were still completing apps in October or later. People interview in March every year and start med school five months later.

if your anxiety is getting the best of you, consider starting a new EC. it'll sop up some of your excess energy and makes a great excuse to write update letters into the bargain. Don't start thinking about the MCAT again until March at the earliest.