Hoping someone can advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teddie2222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a career counselor working with someone who has a medical condition which will impact her ability to manage the rigors of an intership. Her condition causes periods of extreme fatigue which she never knows when it will come on. She is very interested in psychiatry and has a strong interest in pharmaceuticals but does not want to be a pharmacist. She could most likely handle a residency but for the internship she may need some accommodations and I am not sure how open hospitals/schools are to helping someone with this.
Any thoughts or suggestions as to what she might be able to do. She is a bright and lovely young woman.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a career counselor working with someone who has a medical condition which will impact her ability to manage the rigors of an intership. Her condition causes periods of extreme fatigue which she never knows when it will come on. She is very interested in psychiatry and has a strong interest in pharmaceuticals but does not want to be a pharmacist. She could most likely handle a residency but for the internship she may need some accommodations and I am not sure how open hospitals/schools are to helping someone with this.
Any thoughts or suggestions as to what she might be able to do. She is a bright and lovely young woman.

I would call the clinical rotation head of your local medical school to check