Hoping to apply MD...thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


New Member
Mar 22, 2020
Reaction score
Long story short. Testing about about a 503 right now with a 7/18 date. I am all ready to submit my primary, but worried I won't be able to push a 510 by 7/18. What are the consequences of submitting my primary to 1 MD school, getting my MCAT back and just holding off until next cycle? Hoping to apply 30+ MD and 8+ DO but this may change with my MCAT score.

Some things to note on my app:
White, Male, not disadvantaged, Residence is FL
cGPA: 3.33 Biomedical Engineering
ECs: collegiate athlete, >2000 clinical hours (research is lumped here as well due to being a CRC), 9 peer review publications on my app (5 In Press, 1 Provisional acceptance, 3 Pending), ~80 volunteering hours with JDRF and athletics, worked part time valet for 4 yrs, 250 hours shadowing coincidentally thru a formal immersion engineering program
Most recent MCAT (not real one..AAMC FL2): 127/121/128/125 (503)

Members don't see this ad.
I got into several MDs/DOs with a 499 MCAT & 3.7 GPA (& not much stellar extracurriculars). Apply broadly & be flexible - but you can definitely get in!
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you be willing to share some of the schools on your list?
Incoming 1st year and I applied to All Texas schools (in state), all WV/KY/OH DO's & MD's (strong ties), & Kaiser & USF (because who doesn't want to live in Cali/Florida). Completed 7 interviews, 3 acceptances & 4 waitlists. Ended up choosing a DO over an MD for cost-of-living/location reasons.