Hoping to apply MD...thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M8te

Reaction score
Long story short. Testing about about a 503 right now with a 7/18 date. I am all ready to submit my primary, but worried I won't be able to push a 510 by 7/18. What are the consequences of submitting my primary to 1 MD school, getting my MCAT back and just holding off until next cycle? Hoping to apply 30+ MD and 8+ DO but this may change with my MCAT score.

Some things to note on my app:
White, Male, not disadvantaged, Residence is FL
cGPA: 3.33 Biomedical Engineering
ECs: collegiate athlete, >2000 clinical hours (research is lumped here as well due to being a CRC), 9 peer review publications on my app (5 In Press, 1 Provisional acceptance, 3 Pending), ~80 volunteering hours with JDRF and athletics, worked part time valet for 4 yrs, 250 hours shadowing coincidentally thru a formal immersion engineering program
Most recent MCAT (not real one..AAMC FL2): 127/121/128/125 (503)

Members don't see this ad.

I got into several MDs/DOs with a 499 MCAT & 3.7 GPA (& not much stellar extracurriculars). Apply broadly & be flexible - but you can definitely get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you be willing to share some of the schools on your list?
Incoming 1st year and I applied to All Texas schools (in state), all WV/KY/OH DO's & MD's (strong ties), & Kaiser & USF (because who doesn't want to live in Cali/Florida). Completed 7 interviews, 3 acceptances & 4 waitlists. Ended up choosing a DO over an MD for cost-of-living/location reasons.