Hoping you all could help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beautifulchild

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I am so glad I found you! I have been researching Post Bacc programs for about a year now. I am still LOST! I don't know what to do first. I have a few questions.

1. The 2 programs I am interested in are Hopkins and Rutgers. I graduated from Rutgers with a degree in Journalism in 2001. Now, I think it's probably needless to say that my math is not where I need it to be to join any post bacc program. I need at least precalculus or should have it before I take biology or Chemistry. My plan is to study this summer and take the math placement test to see if I can get into precalculus by the fall. If I don't test well enough then I will take some classes at brookdale (community college) until I can get to that level. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? Or do any of you have other suggestions.

2. How have those of you who have attended a post bacc program financed the program? Are there scholarships or grants available that you know of? I am already paying back loans from my undergrad education and didn't want to have to take out too many loans?

thanks so much for any advice! :)

Members don't see this ad.

As far as the math thing, does Rudgers require a certain math before entering Biology or Chemistry. If so, you might look into Junior colleges in the area that don't require the math prereq. so that you can advance in your sciences. As far as Post-bac. programs, Im now in the process of searching out financial help and housing so I'll get back to you as i find out info.

ghadiel said:
As far as the math thing, does Rudgers require a certain math before entering Biology or Chemistry. If so, you might look into Junior colleges in the area that don't require the math prereq. so that you can advance in your sciences. As far as Post-bac. programs, Im now in the process of searching out financial help and housing so I'll get back to you as i find out info.

I need precalc to take biology and the other science courses. At least that is what the catalogue said. I'm going to apply to the program and see what happens in the meantime I will take some math courses at my junior college. I look forward to hearing from you. Hopefully I will have something to share also :) Thanks