hopkins/harvard MPH 2008 acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many of you have been accepted either to Hopkins or Harvard MPH programs? what are your backgrounds?
how long after you applied did you hear from them? also did anyone hear about funding/scholarships or is that another round after acceptances are out?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi , yeah i did get into Hopkins for 2008-09 , Harvard is still deciding , Im an Indian medical graduate , pretty scared with the co$t for Hopkins ! very scary , dont know if i can recover it, no news on scholarships , mid march is the time i guess ...

so what about you?

Hi , yeah i did get into Hopkins for 2008-09 , Harvard is still deciding , Im an Indian medical graduate , pretty scared with the co$t for Hopkins ! very scary , dont know if i can recover it, no news on scholarships , mid march is the time i guess ...

so what about you?

Did you send them Transcripts via WES or ECE?

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't heard from either of them yet. still waiting...

Did you send them Transcripts via WES or ECE?

No i dint do any of that , they accepted my plain old calcutta university transcripts , even though they require me to send another original [:)]

No i dint do any of that , they accepted my plain old calcutta university transcripts , even though they require me to send another original [:)]
did they mention anything about taking transcripts through WES or ECE on their website? Or did they just ask you to send original transcripts?

re : rajju - no they didnt say anything about any compulsory WES or whate ver evaluation - they only mention that it may be helpful in some cases , but fortunately for me that situation never arose. they do demand an original set of documents however.

I still haven't heard from Harvard or Hopkins. But I've heard from 9 other schools including UNC, Emory, GWU, Boston Univ, UMDNJ, Drexel, Tulane, Univ of Michigan, Univ of Minnesota. UNC is the best offer so far!

I got accepted to the department of health policy and management at Harvard today. They sent me an e-mail to let me know the decision was ready, and the information was on their decision tracker page.

Congrats Generals.
when was your application completed and when did you receive the tracking information?

Congrats Generals.
when was your application completed and when did you receive the tracking information?

Thanks! I got my "we've received your application" e-mail on December 19th, which included my tracking information. SOPHAS mailed my application on 12/4 and revised it on 12/11 (I think to add GRE scores).

P.S. I think different departments let you know at different times, so if you aren't HPM, I wouldn't worry at this point!

oh! they take so so long! i received my tracking info 1/24 so i guess it will be a while. i applied for the MPH program in international health. Did anyone else hear from them? oh and one more question. did they tell you anything about financial aid or when that will be decided?

oh and one more question. did they tell you anything about financial aid or when that will be decided?

They didn't really - they just have a financial aid section on the admitted students web page that gives you info about tuition, etc. I think financial aid might come later. (I also haven't had a chance to peruse the site too thoroughly so if I discover anything new I will let you know.)