hopkins or penn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fifibean

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm torn between hopkins and penn and know how lucky i am to even have this choice, but i absolutely cannot decide.

i've re-visited both and really enjoyed my time at both schools (didn't feel like hopkins was competitive or too much more stressful than penn). somewhat ambivalent about both baltimore and philly--philly is perhaps the nicer city, but baltimore is closer to home.

main differences between the two in my mind are these--i'm very interested in public health and cannot ignore the fantastic school of public health at hopkins (although penn is starting its own m.p.h. program, i would certainly have to pay for an extra year of tuition while at hopkins there's decent opportunities to be funded for the fifth year). in favor of penn, i like the fact that the medical school is on the same campus as all of penn's other schools (there's more of a sense of community, etc.) and i think the curriculum is certainly more laidback than hopkins' curriculum.

i'm torn and horribly indecisive. any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Penn is planning on starting an MPH program up but from my understanding it won't be accredited its first year. You can't go wrong with either school. If Hopkins has what you want, and you think you'd be happy there..then go to Hopkins.