Hopkins Secondary GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneDayDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In filling out the JHU secondary, they ask for GPAs (science, non science and total) for undergrad, post bac, and grad school. I have done a post bac program. On my AMCAS, they break down GPA by class year (freshman, sophmore etc.) and post bac. The only summed GPA is entitled total undergraduate GPA (they don't total my undergrad without the post bac grades) and includes 4 years of undergrad + post bac. What number should I use for the undergrad spaces on the JHU application? When I called their office, they said use what is on the AMCAS, which, I guess, is that total undergraduate GPA. Or should I calculate my undergrad alone (which would make symantic sense but contradict the admissions office advice)? Anyone have advice?

Members don't see this ad.

OneDayDoc said:
In filling out the JHU secondary, they ask for GPAs (science, non science and total) for undergrad, post bac, and grad school. I have done a post bac program. On my AMCAS, they break down GPA by class year (freshman, sophmore etc.) and post bac. The only summed GPA is entitled total undergraduate GPA (they don't total my undergrad without the post bac grades) and includes 4 years of undergrad + post bac. What number should I use for the undergrad spaces on the JHU application? When I called their office, they said use what is on the AMCAS, which, I guess, is that total undergraduate GPA. Or should I calculate my undergrad alone (which would make symantic sense but contradict the admissions office advice)? Anyone have advice?

I would go with what the office told you to do. But you can always contact someone else at the school for a second opinion.