Hopkins Waitlist Tier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just bumping my favorite thread in case anyone has anything to say. It took me a few days to get back into Hopkins mode after focusing on the New York schools for the past five months, but now I'm pretty psyched to be on the upper tier...

Members don't see this ad.

Whew! I thought I was the only one super-excited. ;)

It seems like movement doesn't happen until June...is that the impression other ppl have gotten?

Good luck :luck: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Cuteasaurus said:
It seems like movement doesn't happen until June...is that the impression other ppl have gotten?

Good luck :luck: :)
well, it seems that the waitlist has started moving already..good luck everyone

Yes, good luck everyone! Do we have others (than the list of 8 or so I compiled earlier in this thread) still waiting? Good luck! :luck:

i have a buddy that just got a call off the waitlist last week. keep your heads up guys! and make sure you keep the phone near by.

Yep, movement started last week. I got a call. Not sure if I'm going though...still leaning towards UCSF...
Good luck!

Yeah, I also got off the waitlist last week, but I'm 99.99% sure I'll be at UCSF this fall.

Congrats to those who have come off the waitlist. Have there been any phone calls this week?

Hmm, sounds like no one has gotten a phone call this week. For those who did get phone calls: any useful info? (movement is slow/fast/etc?)

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Remember that there's likely to be a good bit of movement on the list for another 6 weeks or so. Spots are offered as they become available, so the frequency of calls from the admissions office depends entirely on how long it takes your colleagues to decide if they want to be at Hopkins. At this point, the admissions office should know who is deferring as well as who will join the class this fall after deferment, and they'll offer spots to people on the list until the class reaches 120.

Hang in there -- I know it's tough to wait it out, but the odds are excellent that some of you will get good news soon.

--doepug (Hopkins MD '04)

Wow, you must be good luck, because Hopkins JUST called. I'm in and I accepted right away.

Good luck to all waiting!! :luck:

Congrats, Cuteasaurus! I know that you've been waiting a long time for this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cuteasaurus said:
Wow, you must be good luck, because Hopkins JUST called. I'm in and I accepted right away.

Good luck to all waiting!! :luck:[/QUOT

Congrats on your acceptance! You deserve it! Woot woot! Now please rub some of that good luck on me so UPenn will accept me! ;)

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your support (and patience when I was a little antsy). :)

DrJ2B: Def.! Here's the good luck :luck:

Bendrix: Thanks. :)

Cuteasaurus, you really are good luck. I got the call a couple of hours after I last posted, though I'm still not sure what I'm going to do....

Awesome! You're still holding NYU right? How long did they give you to decide?

My friend, who is an SDNer and shall remain nameless, got into Hopkins, but turned it down for UCI. I hope one of you got his spot!

Cuteasaurus said:
Hmm, sounds like no one has gotten a phone call this week. For those who did get phone calls: any useful info? (movement is slow/fast/etc?)

i just heard from dean white today :) it was around 5 30 pm. he actually left a message and when i called him back he said he was on the phone with another applicant. hopefully u guys will all hear soon..good luck

for those of you who've already gotten the call..congrats. do u know how long we have to decide?

Dean White told me that he didn't need a firm yes or no for two weeks. I'll be making a trip to Baltimore in the mean time to try to sort things out. The admissions office will help organize a personal second look, and I'll be focusing on quality of life issues. Leaving New York is hard to do (I am holding NYU, Cuteasauras), but so is turning down Hopkins. I sort of feel like there is no bad choice here, so I also feel extremely lucky and a little confused.

Bendrix said:
Dean White told me that he didn't need a firm yes or no for two weeks. I'll be making a trip to Baltimore in the mean time to try to sort things out. The admissions office will help organize a personal second look, and I'll be focusing on quality of life issues. Leaving New York is hard to do (I am holding NYU, Cuteasauras), but so is turning down Hopkins. I sort of feel like there is no bad choice here, so I also feel extremely lucky and a little confused.

bendrix, i'm in the same situation as u...its come down to hopkins vs new york city (i'm holding on to MSSM). i guess i have to sit my husband down in the next week or so and have a serious discussion about our future

Dean White's the one from interviews right? I got called by a woman...is that normal? (chalk this up to paranoia ;) )

Congrats rCubed and Bendrix!! Please be sure to let me know if you plan on coming to Hopkins because it would be great to finally meet you. :)

Hey everybody. I just declined my spot at Hopkins for this coming fall. Best of luck to all of you still waiting.

Lefty

Lefty McFish said:
Hey everybody. I just declined my spot at Hopkins for this coming fall. Best of luck to all of you still waiting.

Lefty

Ditto. Also sticking with UCSF.

congrats to everyone who's getting in now! you guys must be happy =).
anyways, lookin forward to meeting you all next year!

steve

rackd8ball said:
congrats to everyone who's getting in now! you guys must be happy =).
anyways, lookin forward to meeting you all next year!

steve

Heh, I called Dean White -- he seemed exasperated and told me to hold off calling :) But I'm on middle tier, so I doubt it makes any difference

Hey guys, I am a second year at Hopkins....just wanted to wish you all good luck :luck: hang in there!!!!...this is such a stressful time for you all. I hope you all hear some good news soon! :D Don't get too stressed! Hope to see you in the fall (esp. if hopkins is one of your top choices, as it was for me! )

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hey folks, I just declined my seat in the class of 2008. A tough choice, but I ultimately decided that I don't want to relocate to Baltimore at this stage of my life. I hope a new wave of acceptances go out soon to some of you still waiting. Good luck!

Bendrix said:
Hey folks, I just declined my seat in the class of 2008. A tough choice, but I ultimately decided that I don't want to relocate to Baltimore at this stage of my life. I hope a new wave of acceptances go out soon to some of you still waiting. Good luck!

did you get in to wmc?

I got the phone call from Dean White today. It is all over!

bigbaubdi said:

congrats bigbaudi! u wanted to stay in baltimore right? well..now u can!

rCubed said:
congrats bigbaudi! u wanted to stay in baltimore right? well..now u can!

Yes, I am the self-appointed promoter of the city of Baltimore. Are you coming to B'more as well, rCubed?

bigbaubdi said:

Hey bigbaubdi!

Congrats man! You definitely deserve it. :D So I take it that you will be withdrawing from UPenn? ;)

--DrJ2B

DrJ2B said:
Hey bigbaubdi!

Congrats man! You definitely deserve it. :D So I take it that you will be withdrawing from UPenn? ;)

--DrJ2B

Hey DrJ2B,

I have had a crazy experience w/ UPenn, which I will PM you about later.

bigbaubdi said:

Congrats, I officially withdrew this morning after getting in off the waitlist a couple weeks ago. I'm glad you got in.

Hooray! One more friendly SDNer for Hopkins!! :)

Just got the phone call from Dean White today!!!! I'm headed to Hopkins! Woohoo!! :D I was on the middle tier in case anyone was curious. :)

I'm so excited for you!!! :D:D:D We're going to be classmates! Hooray!

BTW- Where are you living? I'm in the process of looking and it's a pain...

Once again, congrads!!

wow congrats! maybe there's hope after all... he didn't say you were the last person admitted or anything did he? :(

Elizabeth you've kept a dim light flickering :)

hey, what does the nietzsche quote translate to?

i'm too lazy to look it up :)

Elizabeth1028 said:
Just got the phone call from Dean White today!!!! I'm headed to Hopkins! Woohoo!! :D I was on the middle tier in case anyone was curious. :)

Elizabeth, that is awesome! Congrats!

Thanks everyone!! I'm so excited - I can still barely believe it. I've been hoping for this for so long. I can't wait to start!!!! :D

Some interesting info...
I got my packet from the Registrar today..They have a list of people for the class of 2008...

As of Wednesday (the day the list was printed), there were 114 people signed up for the class of 2008 - which means that there were still a few spots left over.

Best of luck to everyone waiting

Hi y'all,

I second bb's post. I got the call a few days ago. The class is still forming.

bigbaubdi said:
Yes, I am the self-appointed promoter of the city of Baltimore.

Hey bb, that's fabulous...we need more of us, Baltimore is a GREAT city, I love it here and am happy for all y'all who will be coming in the Fall. I know it's not fun to wait, but if you haven't heard anything and still want to come here, don't give up hope...one person in my class (2006) got off the waitlist the day before orientation after he had already moved to New Haven, so it really can happen anytime over the entire summer.

Congrats to everyone and if y'all have questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Dawn
MSIII JHUSOM