Horse Anatomy Books

Started by chyactnate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chyactnate

SGU SVM c/o 2015!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. I was just wondering if you guys recommend any horse anatomy books or which ones you found most useful. Thanks for any help.
 
I have heard that the one by the author Budras is quite good. I currently have his Dog Anatomy book and will probably get his Horse Anatomy for later on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Horse Anatomy: A Coloring Atlas by Robert A. Kainer and Thomas O. McCracken is a good one if you like to be able to color in the pictures, which I do.

and Illustrated Atlas of Clinical Equine Anatomy and Common Disorders of the Horse volumes one and two are pretty extensive with nice illustrations and pretty good explanations of the disorders. These were both presents to me so I'm not sure how they compare to the realm of horse anatomy books but I quite like them!
 
Check this horse anatomy book by Robert A. Kainer

51BYS1HZP4L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg
 
Last edited:
The Clinical Dissection Guide For Large Animals by the Drs. Constantinescu are about the best there is. Right. Yeah... 🙄🙄🙄

I liked some of the pictures and text from Rooney's Dissection of the Horse by W.O. Sack. Dr. Sack rocks! 😀 (class inside joke)