1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Hospital internship and Transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jake3787, Jun 6, 2008.

1. jake3787

Pre-Dental
    Quick question. I'm currently interning at a Nevada hospital dedicated to teaching students how the setting is like. Could I possibly put this into my dental aps and play it off as "I want my DDS in order to work in the hospital setting as a gen. dent or oral surgeon?" Or will dent reviewers look at it as a sign of indecisiveness between medicine/dentistry? (which I know is not good).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Unless you have hundreds of other hours in other areas, put it for sure.
    Volunteering is Volunteering.
    GOOD LUCK

4. MnBr63

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was in a year long program once that had me shadowing a different rotation in a hospital every 2 weeks, 4 hours a day, every other day. I got to see a lot of different areas of medicine from OR to ER, cardiac, endoscopy, etc. It helped me come to the conclusion that I wanted to do dentistry instead of medicine. I would definitely put it in the application.