Hospital IPPE Preceptor Help!

Started by ufpsu26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ufpsu26

ufpsu26
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Fellow PharmD students! I'm currently looking for a hospital to do IPPE's this coming summer. I have the option to do IPPE over the summer if I find my own preceptor...or I could just wait until next spring semester and get assigned. I thought it would be nice to just get it over with. Could anyone offer some assistance on finding a preceptor in a hospital?? I've contacted some hospitals in FL but unfortunately most of them only accept instate students, being that I'm in GA. I think I may have this problem everywhere. Thanks!👍
 
Where are you willing to go?

Hi Spacecowgirl- I'm really willing to go anywhere to tell the truth, I don't have any obligations this summer, but summer lab work. Plus I haven't had a chance to travel too much so I thought it would be great to see some new places.
 
Have you looked into the IHS? Contacted smaller hospital systems? Might want to start with a region that interests you and call from there.