Hospital Scholarship Contracts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Apollo#1585...

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Was looking into U Tenn Health Science (who's tuition information is nowhere to be found other than calling them.) and I saw that they specifically mention that Hospitals in the area have programs where they'll pay for your Tuition (and possibly more, I'm going to call today to get the info on it) if you agree to work for them after graduation. So I had a few questions:

1) Those that are in school/graduated, do you know of any other places where this happens? All the other schools I've researched haven't mentioned that anywhere. I'm wondering if this is fairly commonplace or not.

2) Does anyone know if there is a 'catch' to this? At face value, it doesn't look too shabby. FBI/NSA have similar programs as well. I imagine there being a catch of something to the nature of your starting salary being significantly less than others in the area and being stuck there for 7 years.

If anyone knows of a thread with this info, feel free to post it. I didn't see anything regarding this specifically, just negotiating tuition reimbursement after you graduate into your first job.

Thanks!
 
Hey all,
1) Those that are in school/graduated, do you know of any other places where this happens? All the other schools I've researched haven't mentioned that anywhere. I'm wondering if this is fairly commonplace or not.

Talking about like at other schools and such.
 
I'm going to UTHSC. They do have the tuition on the website. If you haven't seen it, I can send you the link. It's kind of buried on there. I don't know any real catch with those programs, other than committing yourself to something before you have seen enough to know which area you are going to like most. I didn't look into it much, but I don't think what I saw was actually that much money. Maybe like 5,000 a year? Which isn't anything to sneeze at, but not something everyone would commit themselves to early for.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad