Hospitalist Dallas Fort Worth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Christmas

Reaction score
Hi, everybody.
I am IM PGY3 graduating summer 2021 looking for a hospitalist job in Dallas area.
I heard from several people that hospitalist job market is saturated out there and that it would be hard to find anything without any connections.
Does anyone have any idea if it’s true?
If so, what would be the best way to find those connections.
Thanks in advance!

P.S: I did a lot of procedures in my residency and feel comfortable with some of them like intubations, central lines, quintons. Not sure if that has any value in big cities/ hospitals.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are definitely good hospitalist/nocturnalist jobs 90 min outside of DFW if that is an acceptable radius

There are definitely good hospitalist/nocturnalist jobs 90 min outside of DFW if that is an acceptable radius
I am planning on moving to Plano/Frisco area next summer and would be open to any position within an hour drive. My program coordinator said most positions will start opening up late January. Do you think I should get a recruiter?
Thank you for your reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on moving to Plano/Frisco area next summer and would be open to any position within an hour drive. My program coordinator said most positions will start opening up late January. Do you think I should get a recruiter?
Thank you for your reply!

Multiple hospitals in the Collin County area including Baylor Scott/White Plano and Frisco, Medical City Plano, THR Frisco, Baylor Scott/White McKinney that you can look into

I'm running into the same issue with DFW area. I've been sending out my CV and talking to recruiters, responding to job postings for hospitalist positions since September, and nothing. Not even a call or e-mail, or an interview offer. It's very discouraging. The recruiters I've spoken to have basically told me that they hired a bunch of people in the summer because of immediate needs with COVID surge, and they can't anticipate what their needs will be for next fall.

Multiple hospitals in the Collin County area including Baylor Scott/White Plano and Frisco, Medical City Plano, THR Frisco, Baylor Scott/White McKinney that you can look into
I heard those either require experience or hire their own grads.

I'm running into the same issue with DFW area. I've been sending out my CV and talking to recruiters, responding to job postings for hospitalist positions since September, and nothing. Not even a call or e-mail, or an interview offer. It's very discouraging. The recruiters I've spoken to have basically told me that they hired a bunch of people in the summer because of immediate needs with COVID surge, and they can't anticipate what their needs will be for next fall.
My coresident told me his brother has been looking for a hispitalist position in DFW for awhile and was actually told he needs experience.

I heard those either require experience or hire their own grads.

As far as I know, I have not heard of either of those being the case. None of those hospitals have any IM residency programs associated with them.

Reactions: 1 users
As far as I know, I have not heard of either of those being the case. None of those hospitals have any IM residency programs associated with them.
Thank you very much for the information! I hope it works out!

Are you working there already?

I am a hospitalist at the flagship Baylor/Scott & White hospital in Dallas so am very familiar with the area. Yeah, that isn't true regarding the experience nor hiring own grads as they places don't have residency programs to hire from. those are smaller community hospitals