Hospitalist in San Antonio, TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Christmas

Reaction score
Hey, guys!
I am curious what is the hospitalist job market for recent IM graduates in San Antonio in TX right now.
I am still working on my license, finishing CA program in June.
Recruiter told me Austin and DFW markets are both saturated and they only consider people with experience and active license.
Does anyone have any thoughts on it?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am having the same issue. Also a recent grad, working as hospitalist in NC where I did residency since July. I have been trying to move to SA TX where my family is. Heard the same thing about job market there. Recruiters straight up told me I wouldn’t be considered without license. I started on it not too long ago but licensing process is a lengthy chore in TX. There are always remote areas, where it’s easier to get hired. But personally I am not a fan of living in small towns

I am having the same issue. Also a recent grad, working as hospitalist in NC where I did residency since July. I have been trying to move to SA TX where my family is. Heard the same thing about job market there. Recruiters straight up told me I wouldn’t be considered without license. I started on it not too long ago but licensing process is a lengthy chore in TX. There are always remote areas, where it’s easier to get hired. But personally I am not a fan of living in small towns
How is the market in NC? Graduating in June and trying to get a job in a medium size city in the south.

Members don't see this ad :)
Charlotte and Raleigh are saturated. Jobs that I see available are in Winston Salem, Fayetteville, Asheville. Are you signed up for practice link?

Charlotte and Raleigh are saturated. Jobs that I see available are in Winston Salem, Fayetteville, Asheville. Are you signed up for practice link?
I am... I will look into these cities.