Hospitalist job offer...help evaluate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingston99

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I just got an offer for a hospitalist position. Details are below. I wonder if it is a reasonable offer or if I need to negotiate a better deal.

Hours 7-5 except one day a week is 7-7
$140/hr -> 262000 per year (base)
Average 14-15 patients; if there are >15 patients, then there is extra pay
$1.5/wRVU
$7/hr quality bonus
no admissions except on the 7-7 day for the last 2-3 hours
open ICU with intensivist on site
separate code and rapid response teams
no match on 401K
no CME
benefits are ok, average

Since it is rounding only, I would be able to leave once I have completed rounding and family meetings, then take calls at home. There is full sub-specialty support.
Option to cover remote night call for $500 per night
The location is in a major city in California, so the cost of living is a bit high

Another thing to consider is if I decide to rotate and cover different hospitals, then the hourly rate goes to $150/hour.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.