hospitals don't hire podiatric physicians?

Started by pipetman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
... I don't think Barry's pass rate is ever much to brag about ...
You're right, but it is higher than OCPM's even despite the fact that Barry has only 4 days off to study for boards and that it's the most culturally diverse pod school with a significant number of ESL students.

Since you brought it up, Barry's pt1 pass rate was 79% for July 2007 and 84% for July 2008... right around the national averages.
...would you care to share OCPM's stats? I doubt it.

Again, I agree with you that board pass rates are more the responsibility of the schools than the students. However, there is no reason for some pod schools to be accepting 100+ when it's basically an annual event that 1/3 or more of their students do not pass the pt1 July sitting. Some of those students will graduate never having passed pt1... you will see.
 
Last edited:
Since you brought it up, Barry's pt1 pass rate was 79% for July 2007 and 84% for July 2008... right around the national averages.
...would you care to share OCPM's stats? I doubt it.

it's good to see improvement. actually, i would like to share, as i think these are important statistics. last i heard, ocpm was 75% (a total of 10 people failing) which isn't very impressive. I would like to see the same improvement as barry, an upward trend.
 
I think people don't take the time to read what I am saying in here. If you don't take the time to study hard, comprehend the material, be at or near the top of your class and have a personality that will mesh well with others, you WILL have a hard time once you finish medical school.

Do we need caps on schools? Yes, but will we get them? No, because they are privately run and tuition driven. What needs to be done is to screen out the students that have been admitted with a waiver to make the students understand that they will go into debt at their own risk if they do not study hard.

If you haven't been in podiatry school or graduated from one, you have NO idea what is going on in podiatry. Changes do take time to occur, but when they do occur they will be for the better. Things have changed A LOT in a short amount of time over the past 10 years. You are much better off now graduating as a podiatrist than you were just 10 years ago.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since you brought it up, Barry's pt1 pass rate was 79% for July 2007 and 84% for July 2008... right around the national averages....would you care to share OCPM's stats? I doubt it.

I asked a student who took them july 2008 and she told me that out of 72 students (I dont know if this number is 100% correct, its just what she told me), 10 failed. so 86% first time pass. BUT that is soley by what a student told me, and in no way came from the administration, so who knows.
 
I asked a student who took them july 2008 and she told me that out of 72 students (I dont know if this number is 100% correct, its just what she told me), 10 failed. so 86% first time pass. BUT that is soley by what a student told me, and in no way came from the administration, so who knows.

this is what i heard also, that 10 students failed. i just wasn't sure as to the class size taking the test.
 
If there is a moderator somewhere, maybe we should close this thread--has nothing to do with podiatric physicans in hospitals-!! my bad.

But discussions like this are good..maybe post in a new thread
 
ocpm 's pass rate/ failure rate does include those from previous years --ie other than the clas of 2010 -- whom have not passed the test ......