HOT DOG! Just took my first practice MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FERDInand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
holy moly. so i finished bio... 3 wrong. nah, cant be right, rechecked and true. finished physics... 2 wrong. shat in my pants and havent calmed down enough to start the verbal yet. i mean i know im not exactly going for a realistic testing atmosphere or anything, but im following the time limits and all, and jeez, this is not what id expected. ive been living the last 20 years of my life convinced that i'm a dumb ass. maybe i am, but if this has even a slight correlation to what i'll score on the real thing in august then well, call me whatever the hell you want. we'll see if i can keep this up with verbal, doubt it, but i wouldnt have thought this either. :D

i was planning on taking the august test after a summer of studying, im a sophomore, but with this, i'm considering just going ahead and taking this april's.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure I want to have your baby. A thousand curses on my maleness!

your score doesn't say much if HOT DOG! took it for you. you have to take the real one yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
FERDInand said:
holy moly. so i finished bio... 3 wrong. nah, cant be right, rechecked and true. finished physics... 2 wrong. shat in my pants and havent calmed down enough to start the verbal yet. i mean i know im not exactly going for a realistic testing atmosphere or anything, but im following the time limits and all, and jeez, this is not what id expected. ive been living the last 20 years of my life convinced that i'm a dumb ass. maybe i am, but if this has even a slight correlation to what i'll score on the real thing in august then well, call me whatever the hell you want. we'll see if i can keep this up with verbal, doubt it, but i wouldnt have thought this either. :D

i was planning on taking the august test after a summer of studying, im a sophomore, but with this, i'm considering just going ahead and taking this april's.
you poor, ignorant lemming. so fresh and optimistic, excited at every pre-medical landmark, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. I remember that blind eagerness and boundless energy. Then I spent all of my money, drained all of my emotions, and chained myself to the mailbox. I am a dry, cold, weathered ash of a former flame because of the previous year.

best of luck.

-dope-

I wonder if they might have sent a special 2nd mail delivery just today! I better check.

Dr Turninkoff said:
your score doesn't say much if HOT DOG! took it for you. you have to take the real one yourself.
:laugh: :laugh: i was thinking the same thing.

dopaminophile said:
I remember that blind eagerness and boundless energy. Then I spent all of my money, drained all of my emotions, and chained myself to the mailbox. I am a dry, cold, weathered ash of a former flame because of the previous year.

And just think...if everything the older medical students say is true, even in our depleted state we're like bright-eyed young pups of furious innocence compared to what we will be by the time we're through with 4th year (or even worse, internship).

Eeyipes. :(

DoctorFunk said:
And just think...if everything the older medical students say is true, even in our depleted state we're like bright-eyed young pups of furious innocence compared to what we will be by the time we're through with 4th year (or even worse, internship).

yeah, it always seems like people from (insert next stage of misery) are always saying "man, (insert previous stage of misery) wasn't **** compared to this. beware, bitches, beware!"

i just kind of tune it out, at least ever since people at my school made a huge deal out of how murderous organic was...whatever :cool:

dopaminophile said:
you poor, ignorant lemming. so fresh and optimistic, excited at every pre-medical landmark, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. I remember that blind eagerness and boundless energy. Then I spent all of my money, drained all of my emotions, and chained myself to the mailbox. I am a dry, cold, weathered ash of a former flame because of the previous year.

best of luck.

-dope-

I wonder if they might have sent a special 2nd mail delivery just today! I better check.

:laugh: that was great! :thumbup:

DoctorFunk said:

Yeah, no kidding. Have you ever read "The Intern Blues?" I just can't wait for that kind of excitement. I'm one that enjoys my sleep too.

well dude... just letting uknow practice versus real... completely different. taking mcat 3r, u can make a 30 something and be comfy, but realistically...try a princeton review test, and see how it goes. u might have taken it, but if so, then gluck with it all!

dopaminophile said:

best of luck.

-dope-

lol i will probably feel the same

dopaminophile said:
Yeah, no kidding. Have you ever read "The Intern Blues?" I just can't wait for that kind of excitement. I'm one that enjoys my sleep too.
That book scared me. I'm a 9hr/night kinda girl. Lack of sleep may well be the biggest hurdle in my medical career. :laugh:

Hey Mon,
Good to hear you're stoked about the test, but be careful. Take all of this with a teaspoon of salt. Good work on your practice tests though. Keep up the excitement but dont forget to study.

Much Luck :idea:

FERDInand said:

which practice test did you take? some publications like arco have easy tests made to boost your confidence...

superdevil said:
:laugh: :laugh: i was thinking the same thing.
hot dog is jughead's dog
* licks her candy and thinks the OP is insane *
HOT DOG and jughead and archie!