Hot medical students... should this be a decision factor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jillibean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came back from an interview where our tourguide was possibly the most beautiful guy I've ever seen.... I think it moved the school up 3 places on my list ;)

ok, i'm 95% kidding
.....but 5% serious.

Members don't see this ad.

I just came back from an interview where our tourguide was possibly the most beautiful guy I've ever seen.... I think it moved the school up 3 places on my list ;)

ok, i'm 95% kidding
.....but 5% serious.

Bear in mind that many people in med school are not available. And lots of people prefer to date outside of their school, as you don't really need to add more drama to med school. So your chances of dating this dude might actually be better if you attended a different school.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
marry a dentist = you work less

My doc told me he almost turned down Penn for U Virginia because of the babes on campus (however, he was referring to the undergrad chicks).

do u think adcoms would pick the hot applicant with similar credentials as the ugly one?

Not to mention they never turn out to be as hot as you think they are at the interview. Tour guides and the like have this aura about them, like "i have it all together, I am already in medschool and doing fine, I am good looking, and you should come here because I like it here." Then you meet them again later, and they turn out to be another regular person. I am married, so it is of no consequence to me, but I remember meeting people on my interview thinking they were great, just to seem the returned to mere mortal status at orientation time. Enjoy the fantasy though, you should be able to hold on to that until at least August.

Oh, and by the way, interviewers almost always pick the better looking one if things are actually equal. Google it up and I am sure you will find attractive people have way better chances of getting jobs, scholarships, etc. Kind of a bummer deal, but thats the way it is. I actually heard somewhere (I think it was some great scientific source like the Today show) that if you are a male and over six feet tall it is worth like $20,000 more a year on average. Crazy.

I'm hoping that my stats will get me into a school. At the same time, I would like that school to flood itself with other beautiful students that way numbers work in my favor.:thumbup: .

do u think adcoms would pick the hot applicant with similar credentials as the ugly one?

Read the dilbert strips from this past week. I think it's probably not too far from the truth.

It's a kind of sweet deal for a lot of us.:D

I'm not saying it didn't work out for me and all of the other beautiful people. Married or not, I suppose the ladies can still stare at me :cool: Ah the life of the intelligent and vain. On the other side, medical school turns out to be a little revenge of the nerds. It isn't just the pretty ones that get the cush careers. I have seen some ugly plastic surgeons that hang out with self-obsessed beautiful women day in and day out, just sucking up their money.

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, guys can't be beautiful, only hot girls are beautiful. And yes, it is always important, no matter what you are doing or where you are.

int should_we_accept_student(int MCAT, int hot_scale) {
If (hot_scale == 10) {
return automatic_acceptance;
} else {
if (MCAT < 28)
return rejection;
else
return grantinterview;
}

If (hot_scale == 10) {
} else {
if (MCAT < 28)
return rejection;
else
return grantinterview;
}

LOL

I recommend Crest Whitening Strips.

ok, i'm 95% kidding
.....but 5% serious.

To that 5% of you. Yeh it should be a decision factor if you are really superficial.

ok, i'm 95% kidding
.....but 5% serious.

I've heard from several independent sources that Vanderbilt has really beautiful women...I'd be lying if I said that didn't the school a little more interesting to me >).

If (hot_scale == 10) {
} else {
if (MCAT < 28)
return rejection;
else
return grantinterview;
}
Woah...we've got a computer science geek on our hands...welcome to the club >). I love C++ but I've really become fond of Java lately. Oh, and visual basic is for noobs ;).

wow i really hope to find some guys in med school, though they dont have to be that hot. haha