Hot to get into Medical School having BS from INDIA and MS from US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indian

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is there somebody who can help me?
My problem is I have BS from India and MS Comp Sci. from USA. I am US citizen. Now, I want to get into medical school.

All most all School are asking for BS from USA/CANADA with proper prereq. They are not ready to count my MS from USA.

So, is there anyway I can avoid to do BS and do only prereq which include BIOLOGY/PHY/CHEM. about 22 credit hours and give MCAT and then enter into MED School.
OR
Is there any school that consider BS from INDIA or foreign country and let you enter with MCAT and proper prereq of about 2-4Biology, 2 Physics, 2-4 Chemistry courses. English not needed as I have MS from USA. Math not needed as I have BS in engineering.

Please guide me or suggest me alternative.

-Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Indian:
•Hi everyone,
Is there somebody who can help me?
My problem is I have BS from India and MS Comp Sci. from USA. I am US citizen. Now, I want to get into medical school.

All most all School are asking for BS from USA/CANADA with proper prereq. They are not ready to count my MS from USA.

So, is there anyway I can avoid to do BS and do only prereq which include BIOLOGY/PHY/CHEM. about 22 credit hours and give MCAT and then enter into MED School.
OR
Is there any school that consider BS from INDIA or foreign country and let you enter with MCAT and proper prereq of about 2-4Biology, 2 Physics, 2-4 Chemistry courses. English not needed as I have MS from USA. Math not needed as I have BS in engineering.

Please guide me or suggest me alternative.

-Thanks•••••You would have to inquire of specific schools as to their policy in this matter. I would think that as long as you completed the pre-requisite courses at a US institution, it should not matter that you didn't complete the Bachelor's degree in the US (most schools do not require the completion of the degree to start medical school although some do). However, this is a requirement that the schools set.

I DO believe however that you will need to finish the 1 year English Composition regardless of the fact that you have completed a degree in the US - it is a requirement for ALL, not just those who have studied outside of the US, or who are non-native English speakers (unless you have been told otherwise).

I am far from the place where I was knowledgable about US medical school admission policies. Your best bet is to contact schools directly and to speak with students who are closer to that point in life.

Best of luck.