Hotels near NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossEnthusiast

Decidely Average
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at NYU on Nov 15th - I spoke to the admissions lady and the only hotel suggestion she could give me was the Marcel.

Does anyone know of any reasonably prices hotels near NYU that would be good to stay at?

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed at www.thepodhotel.com for $160. It was a 2 mile striaght shot from the school, which was about a $6 taxi trip (plus tip).

Members don't see this ad :)
I booked really late so I ended up with a $250 hotel in queens- the wyndham hotel laguardia. It still took 25 minutes to get to the school.

good thing I have family in the city! now hopefully I get an interview LOL

I have an interview at NYU on Nov 15th - I spoke to the admissions lady and the only hotel suggestion she could give me was the Marcel.

Does anyone know of any reasonably prices hotels near NYU that would be good to stay at?

:D I have an int on the 16th! I'm staying at Marcel, so I can't help you out there :p, maybe I'll bump into you! Good luck!!!

:D I have an int on the 16th! I'm staying at Marcel, so I can't help you out there :p, maybe I'll bump into you! Good luck!!!

NICE!

I've decided to stay at the Marcel as well. Booking it today :) - I was hoping to find something less expensive and nearby but came up with nothing. My first trip to NY is turning out to be real pricey :scared: (travelling from Canada)...

Anyways - Good luck to you too!

I have an interview at NYU on Nov 15 as well. I plan on staying in a hostel the night before for $40. (HI New York). This is way cheaper than any hotel.

stayed at hotel 17

flew into JKF...took subway A into manhatten ..got off around washington sq...walked throught the square..walked throught union sq and to hotel...

paid 99$ i think...the hotel room is a sardine can...and the pisser and shower are across the hall..but for interview purposes..was fine..i would go again

then i walked to my interview

good luck:thumbup:

Does anyone have an interview on or near Nov 26th? If you want to share a hotel in Manhattan, maybe at Marcel, PM me.