Housing for NYCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedKid8399

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I got accepted into NYCPM for this fall, class of 2024. I am curious about where people have chosen to live for NYCPM and if they liked the area. Some have suggested Astoria as a short ride into the school. Do you recommend certain areas in Harlem to check out? How are the Bridges compared to other living areas? Have people found they had better studying success in singles compared to living with roommates? Thanks for the help.

If classes are in person this fall, I'd like to move in somewhere soon.

Members don't see this ad.

If you do a search, you can find most of your answers from older threads related to NYCPM.

A few of my friends that attend NYCPM recommend living in the bridges because it's convenient.
You can probably find an alternative somewhere in Harlem, but the rent may be higher than bridges unless you get a roommate.
To live or not to live with a roommate is a personal/financial decision, so it all depends.
Astoria (LIC specifically) is about 20-30 mins away to the campus by Subway...you can probably find a better deal around here.

I see you said your budget is 1200 in other thread. The cheapest room at the Bridges is almost 1300 (might not be available) and it's very small. No chance of you getting single br anywhere close to your budget in Manhatten. You can definitely stay under budget with one roommate and find a place walking distance away from school.

I see you said your budget is 1200 in other thread. The cheapest room at the Bridges is almost 1300 (might not be available) and it's very small. No chance of you getting single br anywhere close to your budget in Manhatten. You can definitely stay under budget with one roommate and find a place walking distance away from school.
Sounds great! I will look out for that. I am willing to go a bit higher if needed for Bridges, but as of now, the school said they are unsure about in-person classes. I am waiting to hear back from them.