Housing for People going to Illinois!

Started by anc84
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anc84

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is looking for housing in Illinois? My dad is buying 4 little one-bedrooom, one-bathroom townhomes and we're currently looking for tenants. You won't find a better deal for what we're offering. First, We're allowing dogs (the townhome community states no vicious dogs are allowed in the neighborhood though- so if you've got rottweilers, pitbulls, chows, akitas, etc- you're out of luck)

Now about the houses: They are about 600 square feet, which is a perfect size for one person (and some animals) 😛 The interior and all appliances are brand new: fridge, stove/oven, dishwasher, garbage disposal, full-sized washer and dryer. The carpet, drywall, paint are all brand new as are most sinks, tubs, countertops, cabinets, etc. You get your own garage (not a community one, but your own personal garage) which you usually have to pay about $600 extra a year for parking at places.

I went and saw them and they are very nice. I am very excited to live there (I'm renting from my parents as well). For all of this, it will only be $650 a month. There's a possibility that it might be less, but it should be around there.
 
I've had a question or two...

The houses are 5-10 minutes from the vet med campus driving.

Utilities are not included, but they are also not included at about 99% of places you are going to find.

Currently, I live in an apartment about the same size as the houses except there are two bedrooms (still one bathroom) and the rent is $1060 per month ($530 a person) but doesn't include parking (my rent is about $580 a month with parking in a public lot). Animals are prohibited. The place is pretty trashed and loud from all the other partying college kids, and the appliances are old and work poorly.

My dad will own all four in a row and we are trying to have all vet students rent, so we will be near eachother and can study or whatever...plus, I currently go here, so I already know a big portion of our class (I'm actually getting ready to go out with them right now! 😀 )
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to bump this in case anyone going to Illinois didn't see it and is interested... 🙂
 
One of the places opened up from someone who decided not to go here...so it's your last chance to respond before the last place gets filled up...