You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to everyone who got an interview!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I’m remembering correctly, they definitely have in the past. People get into other schools and cancel their interviews since UIUC is a pretty late one in the cycle. The interview waitlist wasn’t a thing when I applied, so I don’t have a ton more info about it.I got waitlisted for an interview :'( What are the chances that they take people off the waitlist during the interview phase?
Was anyone else put on the interview waitlist? How likely am I to get off of this?
The two posts right ahead of yours.
cassiebobassie
Illinois c/o 2030
Do we know on average how many IS/OOS applicants there usually are? It's so difficult to find any stats regarding admissions for uiuc and I'm so curious lol
KiwiLover0327
Full Member
OOS rejection 🙁 Good luck to anyone who's gotten an interview!
AAVMC publishes a bunch of data. They have applicants per school and IS/OOS applicant to seat ratios. So it’s not entirely the number of applicants for each pool, but you can kind of estimate? They also have the number of IS/OOS people were in that classDo we know on average how many IS/OOS applicants there usually are? It's so difficult to find any stats regarding admissions for uiuc and I'm so curious lol
Public Data - AAVMC
AAVMC provides the general public with access to select data sets. The Institutional Data Report includes data on faculty, students, applicants, and tuition from US schools and colleges of veterinary medicine. Some data sets also include information from our Canadian and international members...
cassiebobassie
Illinois c/o 2030
This is great info thank you!!AAVMC publishes a bunch of data. They have applicants per school and IS/OOS applicant to seat ratios. So it’s not entirely the number of applicants for each pool, but you can kind of estimate? They also have the number of IS/OOS people were in that class
![]()
Public Data - AAVMC
AAVMC provides the general public with access to select data sets. The Institutional Data Report includes data on faculty, students, applicants, and tuition from US schools and colleges of veterinary medicine. Some data sets also include information from our Canadian and international members...www.aavmc.org
kasmteit90
Full Member
I think I messed up. Transcripts are due on the 16th and they have to be mailed. I just requested them to be sent through my school, but I have no idea if they're going to arrive in time.
Edit: I sent them an electronic copy too and they confirmed that they received it! Very quick response time
Edit: I sent them an electronic copy too and they confirmed that they received it! Very quick response time
Last edited:
meowgees
illinois c/o 2030
Hi, what email did you send it to? Is it [email protected]?I think I messed up. Transcripts are due on the 16th and they have to be mailed. I just requested them to be sent through my school, but I have no idea if they're going to arrive in time.
Edit: I sent them an electronic copy too and they confirmed that they received it! Very quick response time
luckycat29
Full Member
That is the email that I used! Just sent it 5 minutes ago, so have not received confirmation yet!Hi, what email did you send it to? Is it [email protected]?
kasmteit90
Full Member
Yes, this is the one I used!Hi, what email did you send it to? Is it [email protected]?
cassiebobassie
Illinois c/o 2030
This might be stupid to even ask, but if I graduated in May and don't have fall 2025 transcripts, I don't need to send them anything, right? I'm assuming that email was sent to everyone. Just overthinking 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
duckpear
Full Member
Got an interview invite this morning!! :')I got waitlisted for an interview :'( What are the chances that they take people off the waitlist during the interview phase?
It was probably sent to all applicants still under consideration, so if you don't have any new courses you shouldn't need to send anythingThis might be stupid to even ask, but if I graduated in May and don't have fall 2025 transcripts, I don't need to send them anything, right? I'm assuming that email was sent to everyone. Just overthinking 😛
cassiebobassie
Illinois c/o 2030
I figured that was the case, thanks!!It was probably sent to all applicants still under consideration, so if you don't have any new courses you shouldn't need to send anything
kasmteit90
Full Member
I emailed them asking if they received it because I'm paranoid, and they said they did. So I think if you reach out, they would respond.For anyone that sent their transcripts, did you get an email confirming they got it?
hopefulcatdoc34
New Member
I'm having trouble finding recent data online - how long are the virtual interviews in recent years? Wondering if these are 1 hour or more like half or full day events that I need to take off work. I know they will release more information in the next week, but I need to know sooner for my work schedule. Any insight is helpful, thanks!
I want to say they were slotted for 30 minutes? I only took 15 minutes to complete mine, though.I'm having trouble finding recent data online - how long are the virtual interviews in recent years? Wondering if these are 1 hour or more like half or full day events that I need to take off work. I know they will release more information in the next week, but I need to know sooner for my work schedule. Any insight is helpful, thanks!
My interview was also only around 15 minutes. I remember I also attended an hour long virtual info session, but I don’t remember if that was mandatory or not.I'm having trouble finding recent data online - how long are the virtual interviews in recent years? Wondering if these are 1 hour or more like half or full day events that I need to take off work. I know they will release more information in the next week, but I need to know sooner for my work schedule. Any insight is helpful, thanks!
Info session is NOT mandatory 🙂 I believe they offer it twice during interview day?My interview was also only around 15 minutes. I remember I also attended an hour long virtual info session, but I don’t remember if that was mandatory or not.
Also, yes, interviews are allotted 30 minutes but this does not mean you are required to take that full time nor is it a bad thing if you do NOT take a very long time. I wanna say my interview was around 10-15 minutes the cycle I got in and maybe closer to 20ish the previous cycle. You don’t have to just blabber on trying to fill time if those extra words don’t add anything to your answer 🙂
Meanwhile, I'm over here taking 45 minutes cause mine was in person and like to talk too much 🤣 I am the queen of talking too much for an ER doc
At least you don’t have to sit there for the other 20 minutes in silence like if it were MMIs 😂I didn't know we had 30 minutes! Mine only lasted 10 minutes and I felt rushed the whole time 🤣
Also, yes, interviews are allotted 30 minutes but this does not mean you are required to take that full time nor is it a bad thing if you do NOT take a very long time. I wanna say my interview was around 10-15 minutes the cycle I got in and maybe closer to 20ish the previous cycle. You don’t have to just blabber on trying to fill time if those extra words don’t add anything to your answer 🙂
I think mine was ~10 minutes?Meanwhile, I'm over here taking 45 minutes cause mine was in person and like to talk too much 🤣 I am the queen of talking too much for an ER doc
Whipping through your interview quickly, or taking the full amount of time, neither indicate whether it was a good or bad interview. Just answer the questions intelligently. The interviews are not meant to be intimidating. They also aren't particularly 'conversational' interviews so it can feel like a rapid fire round of questions, but that's where the objectivity comes in.
Honestly the worst part about doing MMIs for MSU last year. I literally didn't do them again this year for this exact reason LOL. We had to sit there with our cameras on in silence and it was so uncomfortableAt least you don’t have to sit there for the other 20 minutes in silence like if it were MMIs 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pittiesfurever
Full Member
this may seem silly, but i was called to do jury duty and they denied my request for deferral, and its lands on the 26th, how likely do you think they will allow me to scheedule on the 27th for interviews
Tech_Penguin
Full Member
Did they send out interview bookings yet?
this may seem silly, but i was called to do jury duty and they denied my request for deferral, and its lands on the 26th, how likely do you think they will allow me to scheedule on the 27th for interviews
Call ASA and ask
pittiesfurever
Full Member
not yet!Did they send out interview bookings yet?
kasmteit90
Full Member
Just got my interview date and time! Unfortunately it's before any of the information sessions, but I think it'll be okay!
fallingbee
New Member
Can people still get off the waitlist at this point?
kasmteit90
Full Member
Probably! They said they wouldn't really be able to accommodate time/date changes unless it's extremely urgent, so some people might still decline.Can people still get off the waitlist at this point?
The info sessions won't help you for the actual interview so don't worry about it being before them. You'll still get to go and learn about the school and all thatJust got my interview date and time! Unfortunately it's before any of the information sessions, but I think it'll be okay!
futuredoggydoc
Full Member
Any advice for interviews? I am OOS, and this is my first year applying!
spicedsuka
New Member
Declined my interview invite OOS, good luck everyone!
It's a pretty fast interview, so don't be worried if it only takes 10-15 minutes! I didn't practice at all beforehand since this was my third interview and I already had acceptances, but if I prepared more thoroughly I would've just googled "vet school interview questions" and practiced with those.Any advice for interviews? I am OOS, and this is my first year applying!
The interview is pretty straightforward, they generally don't ask anything that leaves you wondering what the point of the question was (if that makes sense). General interview prep like speaking clearly, avoiding um/yeah/like, and actually conveying a logical thought and answering the question applies.Any advice for interviews? I am OOS, and this is my first year applying!
They are closed file, interviewers know nothing about you or your application. So spending your interview time discussing your resume/experience hours isn't going to be helpful unless it somehow ties into your answer to a question.
Good luck today/tomorrow everyone! Just remember to answer the questions. And we are not supposed to be conversational or react to your answers, so don't panic if you feel like you are talking to an empty room. We are keeping it objective!
chipotle runner
Full Member
Good luck to everyone interviewing today! I just finished mine up and thought I rambled a little bit more than I should have but oh well. We've got this! Believe and have faith.
luckycat29
Full Member
Just finished my interview! I think it went well! The interviewers were super friendly. Although, the whole process took 15 minutes, so I'm worried that I didn't do enough on my end? I think I may be overthinking.
Good luck to everyone else interviewing today and tomorrow!
Good luck to everyone else interviewing today and tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview last cycle took 15 minutes and I was accepted! Their interviews just happen to be fast-paced.Just finished my interview! I think it went well! The interviewers were super friendly. Although, the whole process took 15 minutes, so I'm worried that I didn't do enough on my end? I think I may be overthinking.
Good luck to everyone else interviewing today and tomorrow!
Nah don't worry about how long it took, 15min is probably pretty average.Just finished my interview! I think it went well! The interviewers were super friendly. Although, the whole process took 15 minutes, so I'm worried that I didn't do enough on my end? I think I may be overthinking.
Good luck to everyone else interviewing today and tomorrow!
I think my interview took 10-15min tops back when they were in person and 45 minutes if that makes you feel better, lol.
Definitely overthinking. My interview was short as well for 2022. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad thing to have a short or long interview!!!Just finished my interview! I think it went well! The interviewers were super friendly. Although, the whole process took 15 minutes, so I'm worried that I didn't do enough on my end? I think I may be overthinking.
Good luck to everyone else interviewing today and tomorrow!
balloonicorn1000
Full Member
just finished mine, i think it was technically 18 mins start to end but i had a few questions for them! good luck to everyone who interviews soon
meowgees
illinois c/o 2030
my interviewers were great! i've heard that sometimes they don't "show emotion" or seem uninterested but mine definitely were very friendly, it lasted 25 min cause i gave pretty detailed answers and then asked them some questions. i could also tell they were trying to ease me in from the start, which i really appreciated!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K