housing in san francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nimeshshingala

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello people living in san francisco , can you please help me and give me some guidance on the housing in san francisco
i am moving to san francisco in june because I got admission in ucsf
is it cheaper to live off campus or on campus??
i am moving with my wife and 8 year old son
can somebody from ucsf or people living in san francisco ,give us guidance
it would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
i just searched thro the google search engine for housing in SF....
found the foll site good....
check out at...www.thevillasparkmerced.com.
acc to mapquest it is located around 3.5 miles from UCSF....
this is just a search made by me....
i donot have any idea about how good or bad the apt complex or the neighbourhood is....
there r other apts too that u can search on metro rent.com....but they donot even have a dishwasher and r only slightly cheaper or about the same rate....
it would be best if anybody in UCSF can comment on housing or give us any insights on the searches that I have made so far....
thanks...

starwars said:
hey,
i just searched thro the google search engine for housing in SF....
found the foll site good....
check out at...www.thevillasparkmerced.com.
acc to mapquest it is located around 3.5 miles from UCSF....
this is just a search made by me....
i donot have any idea about how good or bad the apt complex or the neighbourhood is....
there r other apts too that u can search on metro rent.com....but they donot even have a dishwasher and r only slightly cheaper or about the same rate....
it would be best if anybody in UCSF can comment on housing or give us any insights on the searches that I have made so far....
thanks...
Hi guys,
I can give u some info but i was little busy these days and i can mail you all next week. Meanwhile u can search on craigslist.com ..... They will give a lot of info.

Have a nice day

nimeshshingala said:
hello people living in san francisco , can you please help me and give me some guidance on the housing in san francisco
i am moving to san francisco in june because I got admission in ucsf
is it cheaper to live off campus or on campus??
i am moving with my wife and 8 year old son
can somebody from ucsf or people living in san francisco ,give us guidance
it would be greatly appreciated

If you get UCSF housing go for it!!. Their housing facilities (at least I've been to) are located in a beuatiful area, in the city, really quiet place, very appropiate for studying. All surrounded by trees and forest. And is cheaper than anything else.

SF is ridisculously expensive, and if you have an 8 y/o son you'll probably want a 2 bedroom apt. those can go pretty high here in the city.

Other option will be to move out of the city and communte everyday (Bart, driving, etc) schools outside the city are better anyway for your son.

craiglist is a good place to start. and the same people at ucsf housing could tell you too.

good luck :luck: