Houston Get-Together

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be there on the 19th! Looking forward to it. :D

Theresa

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by EvoDevo
Soo, it looks like we have two dates: the 5th and the 19th. I propose that we have a get-together on each date, and you make the one that's possible for you.....

comments?

when on the 19th? ginger man still i presume?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Gleevec
when on the 19th? ginger man still i presume?

I'll have to look back and find out where that place is! ;) I'm flexible on times. Or where you the one who mentioned Star Pizza? I like food! :laugh:

Theresa

we can do both...food first for the earlybirds, then on to the G-man.....

Vote in the poll!

Originally posted by TheresaW
I'll have to look back and find out where that place is! ;) I'm flexible on times. Or where you the one who mentioned Star Pizza? I like food! :laugh:

Theresa

Yeah, Star Pizza is the best pizza Ive ever had in the south. We should go there before shipping out to the G-man, as EvoDevo says. Maybe meet at Star Pizza around 6, then Gingerman when we get around to it.

Originally posted by Gleevec
Yeah, Star Pizza is the best pizza Ive ever had in the south. We should go there before shipping out to the G-man, as EvoDevo says. Maybe meet at Star Pizza around 6, then Gingerman when we get around to it.

You've clearly never been to Ponzo's, Gleevec. I'll be happy to corrupt you next year.

Star is great though. I'll be there.

Originally posted by HollyJ
You've clearly never been to Ponzo's, Gleevec. I'll be happy to corrupt you next year.

Star is great though. I'll be there.

Ponzo's < Star Pizza for sure! Deep dish anything at Star Pizza pwns all. :p

I guess the only way to solve this is.. TASTE TEST!

Lunch at ponzos, dinner at star pizza, drinks at gingerman? lol j/k ;)

Thanks for the congrats guys! I'm super excited about getting a break from school for a while.

Star Pizza at 6pm on the 19th. settled? hope to see a bunch of you there!

Spumoni, let us know when you'll be in town! I'm sure we can find a way to meet up with you.

Theresa

I may even show if I'm in Houston that weekend:D

I'll be there tomorrow and Thurs, then back to Lubbock for more tiling (that is damn hard work to do by yourself......)

Okay, so to clarify....

It looks like there will be two groups:

(5 Dec group) - meet @ the Gingerman ~9 p.m. for drinks, pictures with signs, etc.

(19 Dec group) - I call it the "Gleevec Group" b/c it's alliterative. :p This group is going for Star Pizza @6, G-man later...

Have I got this correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong....

*** BTW, there is a poll you could vote on..... ;) ;) *****

Okay, so to clarify....

It looks like there will be two groups:

(5 Dec group) - meet @ the Gingerman ~9 p.m. for drinks, pictures with signs, etc.

(19 Dec group) - I call it the "Gleevec Group" b/c it's alliterative. :p This group is going for Star Pizza @6, G-man later...

Have I got this correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong....

*** BTW, there is a poll you could vote on..... ;) ;) *****

sounds good to me, thanks for the namesake ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
We should start an e-group list serv for this, that way we all get it straight. I have a huge neuroanatomy finial to prepare for on the 9th, so I will probably be there for the 19th if I don't have to work all night :D. Either way, i can't wait to meet you guys. I'll wear an A&M Maroon Out shirt or something Aggie, so you can't miss me.

count me in for the 19th. I'll try to show up at Star. Where is it, btw?

Originally posted by Elysium
count me in for the 19th. I'll try to show up at Star. Where is it, btw?

its right next to 59 Diner, Amy's Ice Cream, and Freebirds if those mean anything to you. if not, ill mapquest it for ya if i can find the address.

its near the intersection of 59 and Greebriar/Shepard, but it depends on what direction youre coming from.

I used to hang at the 59 Diner in H.S., but it's been forever and a day (1992!). If you wouldn't mind doing a map quest, I would really appreciate it. I'm coming from Clear Lake (south of Houston, e.g. 45N).

Do I take 610 or 45? If you give me an exit and basic directions I can probably find it!

Thanks.

LOL I forgot that you didnt give me your address, and thats probably a good thing. Here is the address for Star Pizza.

2111 Norfolk
Houston, TX 77098

Its in between Greenbriar and Shepard on the non-Rice/TMC side of 59.

So your meetings are on the 5th and the 19th...and I'll be there on the 12th! Arg! :mad:

Anybody gonna be there on the 12th?

Hi sooner;

I live in Houston, and I know some others do as well. Plus, I work right next door to Baylor, so if you need a place to crash, just let me know.

Unfortunately, my department's having the annual Christmas party on the 12th....but maybe we could get together later for drinks?

Anyone else?

Evo

Originally posted by soonerpillow
So your meetings are on the 5th and the 19th...and I'll be there on the 12th! Arg! :mad:

Anybody gonna be there on the 12th?

Is that interview at Baylor? If so, you should definitly go to the after-interview social at Two Rows. I met a bunch of students there. They talk pretty straight about the school, ups and downs, schedules, etc. free food, too!

Unfortunatly, I can't make it downtown that night.

Theresa

Bump, for those who need reminders/info

oh yeah, and I saw the Gingerman while checking out real estate near the med center today. :D

Theresa

Bump, for those who need reminders/info

oh yeah, and I saw the Gingerman while checking out real estate near the med center today. :D

Theresa

Yeah, Gingerman is pretty nice, I was right by there the day before yesterday. Should be fun on the 19th. :D

Is that interview at Baylor? If so, you should definitly go to the after-interview social at Two Rows. I met a bunch of students there. They talk pretty straight about the school, ups and downs, schedules, etc. free food, too!

Unfortunatly, I can't make it downtown that night.

Theresa

Oh, I'm definitely going to the Two Rows thing. So what exactly is it? We all just go to a bar and hang out? How long did yours last?

Hi sooner;

I live in Houston, and I know some others do as well. Plus, I work right next door to Baylor, so if you need a place to crash, just let me know.

Unfortunately, my department's having the annual Christmas party on the 12th....but maybe we could get together later for drinks?

Anyone else?

Evo

Dude, your PM box is full.

Originally posted by soonerpillow
Oh, I'm definitely going to the Two Rows thing. So what exactly is it? We all just go to a bar and hang out? How long did yours last?

Basically, yeah. They reserved a couple of big tables on the patio and med students just trickled in, sat down and started chatting. I was surprised by how many of the students from different years knew each other. That is, 3rd years talking to 1st years, etc.

It's very laid back. I stayed for about 1 1/2 hours. Some interviewees left after 20-30 minutes. I felt like I got to know more about the personality of the students at Two Rows then at the interview day.

Good luck!
Theresa

Basically, yeah. They reserved a couple of big tables on the patio and med students just trickled in, sat down and started chatting. I was surprised by how many of the students from different years knew each other. That is, 3rd years talking to 1st years, etc.

It's very laid back. I stayed for about 1 1/2 hours. Some interviewees left after 20-30 minutes. I felt like I got to know more about the personality of the students at Two Rows then at the interview day.

Good luck!
Theresa

Yeah, also you can ask anything since they are evaluating you while you are at Two Rows. They give you a sheet with directions after the interviews.

Can I get RSVPs for 12/5?