How about CDU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quac Dr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok since I was told CIM will not take a transfer, how is med life there at Cebu Doctors'?

I was told that subjects are intigrate thru out the entire four years. So does that mean they still have biochem even in 2nd and 3rd year?
I also heard that lectures are held up until only noon. So what do you do afterwards?
Also do you have to do a lot of writen reports in a BL system?

If anyone can answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I can only partly answer your second question. I have friends who started med in cdu last year. I also took my premed there.
They either really study and do group meetings or go to the mall or something.They're not required to report back in the afternoon unlike CIM.
Ive heard a lot of complains actually from my friends since the pbl system is fairly new. They think its very unorganized and the references are very vague. They dont know which books to refer to. Its hard when the students and the teacher arent in the same page or dont have the same references. Something like that just to name a few of their complaints. I even know a few who are thinking of transferring and a few who actually did transfer to another school.
But I still do think that cdu is a fairly competent med school. It just needs more time to adjust I guess.

"Just a few of their complaints"? I wonder what's the rest of the complaints.
Thanks for the reply stinkybear.

Anyone in second year at CDU?

Members don't see this ad :)
hya quac doc. u an incoming freshman at cdu? i am.. *giddy... =)

only complaint that i have in mind right now, doncha think north reclamation is just waay too hot by day? :bullcrap:

Not too sure if I still want to go there stinkybear's remarks. I'm wondering what else everyone is complaing about there.

It seems hard to find any Cebu Doctor's on this site.

Anyway I don't know how hot it would get there. I'm in Metro Manila.

The new campus is too far. Depends on where you live though. The reason why they had it there:
1. they wanted it to be near mandaue and cebu city.
2. they orginally wanted it in talamban but figured that its getting too crowded there considering there are a lot of schools around that area already.

Students who are used to having pampered with rooms with A.C. from the previous building will complain about not having it anymore. Ive been to the new building. It ain't so bad. Its actually pretty windy and I was there around 2pm.They said something about the building design supposed to trap the wind in the middle and whirl it around or something. I wasn't listening properly when they were explaining it. hehe But at least its not a sorry excuse for a campus anymore. It has mostly everything. There were a lot of complains in the old campus regarding cafeteria space, students benches, parking area etc. Its just hard to commute and I dont know how theyre going to accomodate students who need a place to stay near school. In sure theyll think of something.

I heard their planning to build a really big mall in that area.. hmm like in ten years or so it should be booming then. hehehe

hey stinkybear.. are you an incoming freshie at cducm too? :)

hit me up --> pm

hi elatedmd. no. im not. im actually going to cim. but i took my bsbio there. ;) youll prolly with people from my batch. good luck! ;) have fun in the new campus.

i also took my premed at cdu but i graduated 2 years ago. :)

Good luck to both of us though :thumbup:

hey! does any of you knows how much would it cost me if i enroll in CDU Pre dentistry program?! or any info about the course?!! any response will surely be appreciated...=)