How accurate are these salaries?

Started by clc8503
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

182,000? I don't think OMS makes THAT much. You would have to do about 1.5 sets of wisdom teeth/day to make big bucks like that. That's about 30 minutes!! Way too much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that OMS make more than that. I shadowed a oral surgen and he took out wisdom teeth in less than 20 min. And I know it wasn't cheap.
 
budge311 said:
I think that OMS make more than that. I shadowed a oral surgen and he took out wisdom teeth in less than 20 min. And I know it wasn't cheap.

He was kidding, dude. Oral surgeons typically make much more than 182.
 
clc8503 said:
I think this website is wrong. What do you guys think?

http://www.hsc.stonybrook.edu/dental/thereach/fields.htm
Way off, my friend finishing her pedo residency is getting 350K+ offer before even completing her residency...granted she completed the progranm. Thats almost if not double what that site listed as salary). And I am talking about salary in the midwest where 350K is like 1 Million in LA or NYC, 350K in the midwest can do and buy A LOT compared to other pricey cities like San Fran., LA, NYC,etc...
 
MD2b20004 said:
Way off, my friend finishing her pedo residency is getting 350K+ offer before even completing her residency...granted she completed the progranm. Thats almost if not double what that site listed as salary). And I am talking about salary in the midwest where 350K is like 1 Million in LA or NYC, 350K in the midwest can do and buy A LOT compared to other pricey cities like San Fran., LA, NYC,etc...


hah i'm sorry, but this guy has a friend, a brother, a sister, a friends 2nd cousin, etc, who are in every field! every post you write is about your buddy is finishing something. jeeezzz either ur a real popular person or u have an over active imagination 😉
 
omaralt said:
hah i'm sorry, but this guy has a friend, a brother, a sister, a friends 2nd cousin, etc, who are in every field! every post you write is about your buddy is finishing something. jeeezzz either ur a real popular person or u have an over active imagination 😉
Popular and all friends and relatives are highly educated.