How accurate are these salaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
182,000? I don't think OMS makes THAT much. You would have to do about 1.5 sets of wisdom teeth/day to make big bucks like that. That's about 30 minutes!! Way too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that OMS make more than that. I shadowed a oral surgen and he took out wisdom teeth in less than 20 min. And I know it wasn't cheap.

budge311 said:
I think that OMS make more than that. I shadowed a oral surgen and he took out wisdom teeth in less than 20 min. And I know it wasn't cheap.

He was kidding, dude. Oral surgeons typically make much more than 182.

clc8503 said:
I think this website is wrong. What do you guys think?

http://www.hsc.stonybrook.edu/dental/thereach/fields.htm
Way off, my friend finishing her pedo residency is getting 350K+ offer before even completing her residency...granted she completed the progranm. Thats almost if not double what that site listed as salary). And I am talking about salary in the midwest where 350K is like 1 Million in LA or NYC, 350K in the midwest can do and buy A LOT compared to other pricey cities like San Fran., LA, NYC,etc...

MD2b20004 said:
Way off, my friend finishing her pedo residency is getting 350K+ offer before even completing her residency...granted she completed the progranm. Thats almost if not double what that site listed as salary). And I am talking about salary in the midwest where 350K is like 1 Million in LA or NYC, 350K in the midwest can do and buy A LOT compared to other pricey cities like San Fran., LA, NYC,etc...

hah i'm sorry, but this guy has a friend, a brother, a sister, a friends 2nd cousin, etc, who are in every field! every post you write is about your buddy is finishing something. jeeezzz either ur a real popular person or u have an over active imagination ;)

omaralt said:
hah i'm sorry, but this guy has a friend, a brother, a sister, a friends 2nd cousin, etc, who are in every field! every post you write is about your buddy is finishing something. jeeezzz either ur a real popular person or u have an over active imagination ;)
Popular and all friends and relatives are highly educated.