Step I How accurate is Uworld form 1?

Started by Lord_Vader
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lord_Vader

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took form 1 and got a 242 and I'm wondering if the test is accurate in terms of predicting your real score. Does it tend to overpredict or underpredict your score and if so by how much? I take my exam on the 21st. I'm aiming for a 240 anyway so I hope it's a good predictor.
 
It probably overpredicts for the most part to around 10-15 points. But, then there are people here on SDN who have received the exact score on their step 1 as UWSA 1 so it can be either way. I am sure you know, but you should use the NBMEs for prediction.
 
It probably overpredicts for the most part to around 10-15 points. But, then there are people here on SDN who have received the exact score on their step 1 as UWSA 1 so it can be either way. I am sure you know, but you should use the NBMEs for prediction.

I actually didn't know lol. I am going to take one more practice test so I'm assuming it should be an NBME? If so which one do people generally recommend to take?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
should we purchase standard pace or self paced?

I would definitely purchase standard pace. These are used as predictive tools and if you do them self-paced you are reducing their effectiveness and likely over inflating your predicted score. Probably also more practice at standard pace is valuable.