How am I doing so far? Transfer student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiltalex

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA is 3.75 and sGPA is 3.78
  2. I am planning to take the MCAT this upcoming summer
  3. Missouri resident
  4. White male
  5. Transfer student from community college to top 20 school in state
  6. 450+ hours as a scribe in an emergency room.
  7. ~40 hours shadowing (Anesthesia, Pain Medicine, Ortho) MD & DO
  8. ~150 hours research (diversifying STEM through community college social integration) and just joined as a RA for a bio lab this semester.
  9. ~100 hours of volunteering with multiple clubs I was a part of. Looking to pick up some more this semester.
  10. Founder and president of American Chemical Society Chapter. Vice President of pre-health club. Student Ambassador. Trained new staff members at restaurant job. In the process of becoming treasurer for Tri-Beta chapter. Chemistry supplemental instructor. Chemistry tutor.
  11. Tri-Beta member. Phi Theta Kappa member. 2nd author to a published poster presented at American Chemical Society meeting. Multiple dean's lists. Board of Trustee's scholarship recipient.
Looking to apply MD & DO to state schools as well as some bordering states schools. Any advice is welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

I think all your EC's and your GPA are competitive. You should start studying for the MCAT now and try your best to get as good of a score you can. I think you're doing very well but you just need the last piece of the puzzle, which is a good MCAT score. The well known SDN'ers won't be able to give you any great advice on here until you come back with a score.