How am I looking for Saturday MCAT test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strick09

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone here is the nitty gritty:
I have taken 2 KAPLAN exams about 2 months ago and got 502 and 503.

Then about a month ago I took NS 1 and got a 506

Last Thursday I took AAMC FL1 and got 511 126,128,130,127

And Saturday I too FL2 and got 511 127,128,130,126

Honestly If I break 513 I will be happy (would kill for a 515 + but I will keep it realistic)

Long story short how am I looking (also note I sucked at CARS before but I has recently started clicking a lot better went from a 124/125 to the reproduced 128) Also my bio has always been 128-130 on all tests.

But, test is Saturday and am taking the FL3 tomorrow at 8 am. (all of my FL have been timed and all FL AAMC were timed and at 8 am), how am I looking so far? I just wonder how indicative these FL are of the actual score people get.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine, but I think 513 is a pipe dream when your practice FL exams are 506-511-511. Unless something major goes wrong you should be able to get 510.

Looks like you’re good to go. How did you improve in CARS? What practice materials did you use?
I actually used my How I missed it sheet and identified that I kept changing my answers to the wrong answers and I also started enjoying the passages. The other thing is I sparingly highlight (only key names, dates and concepts) and I quit the whole summary writing thing. That stuff eats up way too much time and patients. When Reading I would just try to summarize what the author was talking about as the passage went on and how their tone developed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like you are good to go! Nice CARS! I test 5/19 also

My scores..
FL3 127/126/126/124 503 (1.5 months ago)
FL1 128/126/125/126 505 (3 days ago) (disrupted during BB :/)
FL2 127/125/129/126 507 (today)

Hoping for 508+

FL AAMC were both 511 1&2 ones over a month ago were 506 :p

Lol I was about to say 513 definitely isn’t a pipe dream. Don’t know what the other poster is talking about. A lot of times people do 2-3 points better on the real thing then their practice AAMC scores. So I wouldn’t be surprised at all if you get a 513 or even a 514.

Looks like you are good to go! Nice CARS! I test 5/19 also

My scores..
FL3 127/126/126/124 503 (1.5 months ago)
FL1 128/126/125/126 505 (3 days ago) (disrupted during BB :/)
FL2 127/125/129/126 507 (today)

Hoping for 508+
you got this!!!! I'm taking my FL 3 tomorrow at 8 am

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Lol I was about to say 513 definitely isn’t a pipe dream. Don’t know what the other poster is talking about. A lot of times people do 2-3 points better on the real thing then their practice AAMC scores. So I wouldn’t be surprised at all if you get a 513 or even a 514.
Thanks! Hope I can, I need a decent score to make up for my crap undergrad.

Hey im taking my exam saturday too.
I got (130/128/128/128) 514 on my first AAMC FL 1
( 128/127/131/127) 513 on AAMC Fl 2
(129/128/130/131) 518 on AAMC FL 3.

Im hoping for a 515+ at the least.

Goal is 520.

Your scores are strong! 520might be tricky with your CARS (wish I had your CARS)
You are doing great in PS, how did you make the jump from 127-128to that 131?

Thanks! For PS, I did the Section Bank PS and then when i reviewed the AAMC FLs, I wrote down every single term i was not familiar with and literally memorized everything from the Kaplan book (ended up being about 1200 flashcards for PS alone).
I also took a bunch of psych classes (And one socio class) during undergrad because I personally loved psych since i started college (even though my major was biology), so i think that helped but i dont think its necessary.

I would definitely recommend memorizing as many terms as you possibly can. Tomorrow im planning on going over that 300 page psych review document thats floating around here to just make sure i got everything.

Reactions: 1 user
[QUOTE="Strick09, post: 19988521, member: 917778 and I quit the whole summary writing thing. That stuff eats up way too much time and patients. When Reading I would just try to summarize what the author was talking about as the passage went on and how their tone developed.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, can you elaborate on this?
The summary thing is eating at my time, but without it I get some of the ideas confused/lost.
Did you refer back to the passage on idea specific questions or?

[QUOTE="Strick09, post: 19988521, member: 917778 and I quit the whole summary writing thing. That stuff eats up way too much time and patients. When Reading I would just try to summarize what the author was talking about as the passage went on and how their tone developed.

The summary thing is eating at my time, but without it I get some of the ideas confused/lost.
Did you refer back to the passage on idea specific questions or?[/QUOTE]so yes I do refer back to the paragraph and that is why I highlight key things so I can scan it quicker. but, doing things like Kaplan wanted just dropped my score and I spent too much time. I might make a few notes of the passage if its relativly dense but for the most part I highlight sparingly and just form a concept while reading it. I also just read it normal for the most part

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Did you refer back to the passage on idea specific questions or?
so yes I do refer back to the paragraph and that is why I highlight key things so I can scan it quicker. but, doing things like Kaplan wanted just dropped my score and I spent too much time. I might make a few notes of the passage if its relativly dense but for the most part I highlight sparingly and just form a concept while reading it. I also just read it normal for the most part

Pretty much I digest the paragraph into what its main topic/idea is and tonality and only really highlight key points, names, and dates.