oviedolion

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey people. I was just wondering how you guys see my chances of acceptance based on my courses. i got C's in both chem I&II, orgoI and statistics during my freshman year. But A's in the following courses. Microbiology, Organic chemistry II, Medical Terminology, Human Physiology, Quantitative Biological Methods, Human Nutrition, Physics I&II, Pharmacology, Immunology, Genetics, Tissue Engineering, Neurobiology, Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, Psychology, Economics, Marketing, Principal of Financial Accounting. appreciate any response.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
  1. Dental Student
Well an upward trend and maintaining good grades are all a plus. You are by no means at a disadvantage. But I'd worry about those early mediocre grades since the DAT will cover those courses.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status
  1. Dental Student
Hey people. I was just wondering how you guys see my chances of acceptance based on my courses. i got C's in both chem I&II, orgoI and statistics during my freshman year. But A's in the following courses. Microbiology, Organic chemistry II, Medical Terminology, Human Physiology, Quantitative Biological Methods, Human Nutrition, Physics I&II, Pharmacology, Immunology, Genetics, Tissue Engineering, Neurobiology, Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, Psychology, Economics, Marketing, Principal of Financial Accounting. appreciate any response.

DAT

About the Ads

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
  1. Dental Student
Didn't realize that the OP had originally taken the DAT. What is your GPA? So far it looks like you are in good shape.

oviedolion

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
lol thats a good idea. after this semester it'll be a 3.35 and im applying this coming cycle. I had a 2.1 my freshman year.

About the Ads

stdmufin27

It's H-O-T in Sin City
10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2007
Nevada
Status
  1. Dental Student
My pre-professional adviser recommends that students with lower than average GPAs and DATs should look into podiatry. Just a recommendation.

http://www.angelfire.com/on/podiatry/

Ridiculous post. Don't listen to this nonsense OP. Just make sure to apply to a good amount of schools, including the price private ones, and rock the interviews!

pietrodds

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2008
Status
  1. Dentist
These kind of posts remind me of Dumb and Dumber when Jim Carey is asking the girl if there's a chance of a girl like him and a guy like her getting together..... sooooo you're sayin' there's a chance!

Back to the topic at hand, yes you should be able to land a few interviews with scores like that. I had a rough start in college but brought my scores up and they took notice to it in the interview. If it's a major issue you could always retake the class just to prove that you now know how to study and were just getting acclimated to college back then. I don't think you need to do that. If you have an in-state dental school you should have a very strong chance of getting in. So yes, I'm sayin' there's a chance! A pretty good one.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
  1. Dental Student
Your stats are solid. I don't think you will be at a disadvantage at all. Just apply to 10+ schools. Don't do what some people did on SDN applying to <5 schools.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads