oviedolion

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey people. I was just wondering how you guys see my chances of acceptance based on my courses. i got C's in both chem I&II, orgoI and statistics during my freshman year. But A's in the following courses. Microbiology, Organic chemistry II, Medical Terminology, Human Physiology, Quantitative Biological Methods, Human Nutrition, Physics I&II, Pharmacology, Immunology, Genetics, Tissue Engineering, Neurobiology, Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, Psychology, Economics, Marketing, Principal of Financial Accounting. appreciate any response.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Well an upward trend and maintaining good grades are all a plus. You are by no means at a disadvantage. But I'd worry about those early mediocre grades since the DAT will cover those courses.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Hey people. I was just wondering how you guys see my chances of acceptance based on my courses. i got C's in both chem I&II, orgoI and statistics during my freshman year. But A's in the following courses. Microbiology, Organic chemistry II, Medical Terminology, Human Physiology, Quantitative Biological Methods, Human Nutrition, Physics I&II, Pharmacology, Immunology, Genetics, Tissue Engineering, Neurobiology, Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, Psychology, Economics, Marketing, Principal of Financial Accounting. appreciate any response.
DAT

About the Ads

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Didn't realize that the OP had originally taken the DAT. What is your GPA? So far it looks like you are in good shape.

OP
O

oviedolion

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
lol thats a good idea. after this semester it'll be a 3.35 and im applying this coming cycle. I had a 2.1 my freshman year.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
If your science GPA is high you may be able to get away with a GPA that's a little bit below average.

OP
O

oviedolion

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
19bio, 20chm, 19orgo, 18reading, 22pat, 19qun and 3.4 science.

About the Ads

montag925

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
Status
Dental Student

stdmufin27

It's H-O-T in Sin City
10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2007
Nevada
Status
Dental Student
My pre-professional adviser recommends that students with lower than average GPAs and DATs should look into podiatry. Just a recommendation.

http://www.angelfire.com/on/podiatry/
Ridiculous post. Don't listen to this nonsense OP. Just make sure to apply to a good amount of schools, including the price private ones, and rock the interviews!

jigabodo

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Louisville, KY
Status
Dentist
I don't think you should neccesarily give up now. Your GPA and DAT is pretty solid, and if you apply to the right schools I think you should be able to get in.

Dan3223

Temple bound :)
10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2006
Philadelphia
Status
Dental Student
You should be fine. Most of your stats are better than mine.

pietrodds

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2008
Status
Dentist
These kind of posts remind me of Dumb and Dumber when Jim Carey is asking the girl if there's a chance of a girl like him and a guy like her getting together..... sooooo you're sayin' there's a chance!

Back to the topic at hand, yes you should be able to land a few interviews with scores like that. I had a rough start in college but brought my scores up and they took notice to it in the interview. If it's a major issue you could always retake the class just to prove that you now know how to study and were just getting acclimated to college back then. I don't think you need to do that. If you have an in-state dental school you should have a very strong chance of getting in. So yes, I'm sayin' there's a chance! A pretty good one.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Your stats are solid. I don't think you will be at a disadvantage at all. Just apply to 10+ schools. Don't do what some people did on SDN applying to <5 schools.

About the Ads