How are my EC's so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zupneja

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in second semester of second year, so i still have some time to gather more hours. How is this looking so far:

Clinical/Volunteer

Medical Clinic- 40 hours
Hospital-(expected to be 150-200) by the time application is written
Research- a prof told me he'd let me volunteer in his lab next year so i dont know how many hours that'd be

Nonclinical

Cultural Dance Team- 100 hours (stopped in grade 8 though, so i dont know if that takes away from value)
Tae Kwon Do- 200 hours (stopped in grade 9)
Guitar- just for fun, didn't really count the hours

What are some of your suggestions that i could do for either category?

Thank

Members don't see this ad.

Uh absolutely do not include activities you stopped in high school. You'll get laughed at. Only include activities you did in college and beyond. If you aren't engaged in passionate hobbies/extracurriculars right now, you'r ECs are very bland. Less about quantity, more about quality. Right now your list is low in both. Need shadowing. Need more clinical experience.

This is pretty abysmal. You should shadow and get a job working with the public. The fact you still remember your cultural dance team from 8th grade when you're a 2nd year in college makes me wonder if you know how to have fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Come on guys - the person's only a college sophomore. As you noted you have time to gain a good amount of hours in your ECs. Pick up doing something interesting as well.