Quantcast

How are over seas grades calculated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunAlongNow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
during my undergrad i studied over seas in england. they didn't really have a 4.0 system. I can't even seem to remember what the grading was.

how would those grades be figured in on my med school app? do they even look that stuff up?

the annoying thing about my grades is that over there they were respectable. i was ahead of probably about 25% of the folks, but when my school brought them over they were D+ to C+ range. it didn't effect my GPA, so I didn't really care, but I think I might be caring now.

Scottish Chap

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
during my undergrad i studied over seas in england. they didn't really have a 4.0 system. I can't even seem to remember what the grading was.

how would those grades be figured in on my med school app? do they even look that stuff up?

the annoying thing about my grades is that over there they were respectable. i was ahead of probably about 25% of the folks, but when my school brought them over they were D+ to C+ range. it didn't effect my GPA, so I didn't really care, but I think I might be caring now.
Here is a thread on this issue: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=5151377#post5151377

There are other similar threads, too.

Generally, 60-90 credits completed in the U.S. is required by most U.S. allopathic schools. Undergraduate credits from the U.K. can be evaluated by a professional agency.

Good luck!