How are virtual interviews being set up this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaggybill

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying broadly to IM programs this year. I am currently working as a physician and I do not want my employers to know that I am applying to residency until match day. I enjoy my current job and if I don't get into a residency program I'd like to stay here without forever more getting the stank eye from the bosses.

Timing worked out for me in that I won't have to travel for interviews this year, but I will still obviously have to have time off work, even for half a day, to complete any interviews. Does anyone know about how long interviews are expected to run this year? Without the typical meet-and-greet, hospital tours, lunches, etc, I'm hoping I won't need to be out of the office for more than half a day. Is it simply going to be jumping onto the meeting platform and completing the interview, wam bam thank ya maam?

Members don't see this ad.

Every program is going to be different in regards to approach and platform. Some are still going to have "meet and greets" but virtually. Some are planning on fairly full days, with presentations and interviews. Others are "stripping it down". So, once again, the answer is "it depends".

Reactions: 1 users