How are you guys studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a chill pill and relax. Work out, go to happy hour, play golf, swipe that Tinder, seriously don't make dental school your whole life.

I usually cram on weekends and do some light review on weekdays. You'll burn out if you keep studying 10 hours a day.

Reactions: 2 users
how the **** is a first semester D1 studying 10 hours/day? that's not even in the realm of unnecessary, that's borderline "make sure you're going to be able to survive 4 years" territory. I hope you're a mega gunner, for your sake, because if you feel like you need 10 hours of studying each day then you're doing something very wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really haven't been studying much and I zone out in lecture. Mostly have been focusing on our clinical classes. So I'm probably screwed once exams kick in next week.

Like you, we have mandatory attendance. So maybe try to put in work during lecture (if you don't already), then review efficiently after class.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm doing 2-3 Hours M-W, 5hrs R and F, and 8-12 Sat and Sun. We have 1-2 exams each week, HW, and some quizzes.

Can't even imagine studying like OP. Relax.... balance out your school with social life and have fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, fellow D1 here. Just wanted to see how everyone is studying. Our school has mandatory attendance for lectures and we have a small class (around 45) so it's not hard for the professors to notice if you are not there. Some care, some don't. We usually go 8-5pm for lecture and have at least two tests a week and a final the following week or so. Just doesn't leave a lot of time to study during the day, even if you sleep at 10:30 - 11pm. I've found myself studying till 10 and waking up at 3am to study till 8am but it's really starting to burn me out and with head and neck approaching, I really don't want to be doing that. What do you guys do?

More time does not make you more efficient. Do you want to specialize? If you don't you seem to be in the pre- conditioned pre dental phase type a rut. If you are trying, you should know that working out, taking breaks, and socializing / sex OBJECTIVELY IMPROVES COGNITION. You have to get out of this grind. When you make the biology of your systems happy, the brain will become more efficient.

Your current regime will make you a bad dentist. That is my opinion. Sleep from 10 to 3 and then studying? Do you have adderall or something? Please try and study less.

More time does not make you more efficient. Do you want to specialize? If you don't you seem to be in the pre- conditioned pre dental phase type a rut. If you are trying, you should know that working out, taking breaks, and socializing / sex OBJECTIVELY IMPROVES COGNITION. You have to get out of this grind. When you make the biology of your systems happy, the brain will become more efficient.

Your current regime will make you a bad dentist. That is my opinion. Sleep from 10 to 3 and then studying? Do you have adderall or something? Please try and study less.

LOL it's the only way anyone can study that much #30mgXRAMIRITE