how bad is a typo in your p.statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BabyJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just read over my personel statement again, and I found one misspelling (left the "n" out of western..."wester"). is this going to kill my app?

Members don't see this ad.

Automatic rejection. Start preparing another one for next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
It certainly isn't going reflect well upon you. I remember when I was applying for uber-competitive LAC's a single punctuation error in one of my app essays was specifically scrutinized (really minor too)...seriously, it can hurt .

Oh, well I was kidding. We're only human after all.

This is why I avoid reading my essays after things are submitted. I have yet to know about/find any typos, and I'm a happier man for it.

Oh, well I was kidding. We're only human after all.
...and maybe typos are a good way for ADCOMs to find all the humans and weed out the drones :p

...and maybe typos are a good way for ADCOMs to find all the humans and weed out the drones :p

Don't sweat it. Most times the essays are read so fast that they won't notice anything.

Don't sweat it. Most times the essays are read so fast that they won't notice anything.

I thought your sig was the AZ line from Nas' illmatic "Life's a bitch, and then you die."

I thought your sig was the AZ line from Nas' illmatic "Life's a bitch, and then you die."

haha, lol no, I kept it original!

So have you heard back from any schools yet? How many did you apply to, with what kids of stats? I'm curious because i'm still playing the waiting game myself.

I just read over my PERSONEL statement again, and I found one misspelling (left the "n" out of western..."wester"). is this going to kill my app?

LOL how did no one notice this??

.... time for a new proofreader

haha, lol no, I kept it original!

So have you heard back from any schools yet? How many did you apply to, with what kids of stats? I'm curious because i'm still playing the waiting game myself.

Got interviews at UTSA, A&M, and Texas Tech. However, no word from my top choices...

3.65, 33 (VR 13, BS 11, PS 9)