Simmer down. I'm not stalking you. I read this forum, don't flatter yourself.
As for your post, people in residency and young attendings with mountains of debt to pay off are also called doctors. Most of these people are not driving a Ferrari to work from their mansion.
At this point I'm not really going to bother with the rest of your drivel here. The idea that someone in middle age is a hypocrite because they aren't willing to simply walk away from everything in their life is ridiculous. Things are not that straightforward in the real world because there are more factors than merely sunk cost as you'd have us believe. Anyway, carry on. Go ahead and respond with some inanity about "straw man" and "ad hominem". If you want I can try to look up an intro to argumentation textbook so you can find some more terms to try to sound impressive.
Yet you take it upon yourself to quote me and use emoticons in response in this thread. I'm truly touched how often you quote me at least then.
I do not understand why you're so compelled to disagree with me, and then regurgitate my own points back at me like I was disagreeing with myself. I really don't. Look, stop while you're ahead.
Now, you're going to say that your "trying to sound impressive" statement is not an ad hominem, but speaks to something about my point? Explain to me how that is relevant to any point. Just because you don't like being called out doesn't make your attacks any less of that: a copout to my points.
I'm not going to touch your straw man fallacy about people driving to work in ferraris and mansions since I said doctors are in the 1%, not EVERYONE, but whatever. There's too much past that to talk about. I mean, geez, seriously, man, just... WHY?! Who said to walk away from everything in their life?! I DARE YOU, NAY, CHALLENGE YOU TO QUOTE ME where I say to walk away from everything. Hell, not even in this thread, ANY THREAD. Go nuts. This is the definition of a straw man. You don't like that people have seen these illogical points before and given them a name, but their purpose is more to have useful conversation. We cut the BS and talk.
I mean, I get it, you really can't argue against my points because you're going to use them to break down your own straw men (so you probably shouldn't call them drivel, lol), but.... like, c'mon, at least try to put a mask on and pretend they are original statements.
So, I'm willing to forgive this outburst and have a civil conversation. The only valid point you brought up was that residents and attendings make five figures while having a six figure debt. This means they are foregoing current comforts for better positions in the future. I have worked closely with MDs who went straight into pharmaceutical business out of med school and started with six figures. Some are making seven figures now. There are other options, other possibilities to make a manageable salary inside of medicine while no longer practicing. And these are just the instances within medicine. If the money truly was not worth the "suffering," you have outs.