Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated in 2016 having taken all the pre-requisite courses except o-chem II and lab. A few years later, I'm planning to take these classes and apply to medical school, but I have a few questions.
I really did the bare minimum during undergrad due to bad mental health issues, and though I still ended with good grades in my science classes (no lower than a B in any of my classes which included biochemistry and genetics, mostly A's) and a good overall GPA (3.83), I have no letters of recommendation from any science professor, no research, no shadowing, and minimal clinical experience. I'm an excellent test-taker and am confident I could do well on the MCAT. I know I have to take o-chem II and lab -- I would have liked to have taken these courses as part of a formal post-bacc to have my LOR covered, but it seems like all of these programs exclude grads who have taken most of the pre-reqs. It's my understanding that I need two letters from science professors and that taking the two courses I need would leave me with at most one letter.
What are the other options available to me?
I really did the bare minimum during undergrad due to bad mental health issues, and though I still ended with good grades in my science classes (no lower than a B in any of my classes which included biochemistry and genetics, mostly A's) and a good overall GPA (3.83), I have no letters of recommendation from any science professor, no research, no shadowing, and minimal clinical experience. I'm an excellent test-taker and am confident I could do well on the MCAT. I know I have to take o-chem II and lab -- I would have liked to have taken these courses as part of a formal post-bacc to have my LOR covered, but it seems like all of these programs exclude grads who have taken most of the pre-reqs. It's my understanding that I need two letters from science professors and that taking the two courses I need would leave me with at most one letter.
What are the other options available to me?