how can i find out where the best ped residencies are??

Discussion in 'Pediatrics' started by jhug, Oct 30, 2002.

1. jhug

jhug 1K Member

I want to begin looking into the best residencies available but am unsure how to go about it. I appreciate that many factors go into making residencies great-- but which are consistently among the best?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ubiquitous

ubiquitous Purple Member

You could start out by checking out America's Best Hospitals on www.usnews.com. They rank hospitals by departments, and pediatrics is one of them. I believe they rank 20+ children's hospitals/pediatrics departments. They also have links to the hospitals so you can check out the specifics of each residency and see if it's a good fit for you.

Hope this helps.

4. DO2003

DO2003 Junior Member

You can also check out the FREIDA website to get information on programs you are interested in, and then check out the American Board of Pediatrics website at www.abp.org. This website will not tell you how programs rank, but in the residency section it does have a listing of how the residents over the last three years have done on the Pediatrics Liscensing boards (first time takes only) so that you can get an idea of how well a program has prepared its residents for the boards.