how can i find out where the best ped residencies are??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhug

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to begin looking into the best residencies available but am unsure how to go about it. I appreciate that many factors go into making residencies great-- but which are consistently among the best?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jhug
I want to begin looking into the best residencies available but am unsure how to go about it. I appreciate that many factors go into making residencies great-- but which are consistently among the best?

You could start out by checking out America's Best Hospitals on www.usnews.com. They rank hospitals by departments, and pediatrics is one of them. I believe they rank 20+ children's hospitals/pediatrics departments. They also have links to the hospitals so you can check out the specifics of each residency and see if it's a good fit for you.

Hope this helps.

You can also check out the FREIDA website to get information on programs you are interested in, and then check out the American Board of Pediatrics website at www.abp.org. This website will not tell you how programs rank, but in the residency section it does have a listing of how the residents over the last three years have done on the Pediatrics Liscensing boards (first time takes only) so that you can get an idea of how well a program has prepared its residents for the boards.