Ped boards 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing new. Are we supposed to see changes after midnight?
Based on other thread time stamps, people haven’t posted about a change in their portfolio until 5-6am on whatever day results are released. It’s hard to know if that means that’s exactly when the update happened, but probably we have a few hours, if it is even today

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
5:57a thank God for this thread. No status change on mines either... I was resigning to thinking I'd failed based on last years thread...

Reactions: 1 user
6:21am nothing! I doubt results will be out today or even this week. Likely next week?

This feels unnecessarily cruel - they could just tell us when the results are actually coming out 😒

Reactions: 2 users
Even though they were evasive saying when it would be released, they did firmly say it wouldn’t be today. We can take that for face value

I emailed them a few days ago and was just told that scores come out 2-3 months after taking the exam, lol.

I’ve called twice and have been told both times that it would not be this week.

The person I spoke with said that even the staff is only notified the day prior to score release. Not sure if I believe that, but who knows?!??

I’ll call again today and let you know if I’m able to get any more specific info.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like not today... I just want this to be over already :(

I’ve called twice and have been told both times that it would not be this week.

The person I spoke with said that even the staff is only notified the day prior to score release. Not sure if I believe that, but who knows?!??

I’ll call again today and let you know if I’m able to get any more specific info.
Just seems like someone must know when they’re being released, because the date is written on the letters (all 3400+ of them). I get it - we won’t get to know when exactly the scores are coming out. Perhaps though, pass or fail, we should give the feedback that their current process causes undue anxiety.

Came across this thread as I await ABP subspecialty exam result (board exam was 11/1). I remember clearly that my peds exam result came around 5-6am; I was on call overnight and anxiously clicked refresh all night long, so I am certain about the timing. I suspect your results will be posted on the 8th because of the notice on ABP's website about MOC downtime in the early morning -- I suspect they do that as they upload scores or to minimize site traffic upon posting... but just a guess. I imagine your scores will be posted before mine since your exam came first.

I hope everyone is sitting down when they read this…

I just called the ABP and spoke with someone named Melissa (I believe).

She said scores will not be going out until after Christmas!!!!! 😳😳😡😡😡

I literally said “there’s no way that’s true!” And she said they had a meeting yesterday and they’re using “different technology” which is causing a delay.

I asked if the scoring itself is remaining the same and she said yes. Well that’s unfortunate because the scoring sucks since 20+ percent of people fail the test at times.

I am absolutely appalled.

After Christmas…how the heck are we all supposed to wait that long and enjoy the holidays with our families?!?????

All I can think about is this bloody test!

I am just…speechless…

I’m sincerely hoping she’s wrong and they can release them well before Christmas.

I will literally call them every business day until we get our scores.

I literally said “there’s no way that’s true!” And she said they had a meeting yesterday and they’re using “different technology” which is causing a delay.

I asked if the scoring itself is remaining the same and she said yes. Well that’s unfortunate because the scoring sucks since 20+ percent of people fail the test at times.

After Christmas…how the heck are we all supposed to wait that long and enjoy the holidays with our families?!?????

I am just…speechless…

I’m sincerely hoping she’s wrong and they can release them well before Christmas.

I’m thankful for your dedication. Please do call

I am just…speechless…

Seriously wtf. That’s insane 🤯

We need to call and call in order to create more pressure. They are not going to make fun of us this is not a game.

I’m going to dress up like a trash can for Halloween next year and when people ask me what I am, I’m going to say I’m the American board of pediatrics. 🗑🔥

This is getting ridiculous.

#wherearethescores?!?

Reactions: 3 users
We need to call and say that people have been getting multiple different answers and that creates mistrust and makes them look unprofessional and even a scam.

I just called and told them we’ve been given multiple different answers and told them someone was told after christmas which is ridiculous. she just told me “within the next week” they will be posted. so at this point who freaking knows. they’re all telling us something different. I wonder if they even really know 😂

I just called and told them we’ve been given multiple different answers and told them someone was told after christmas which is ridiculous. she just told me “within the next week” they will be posted. so at this point who freaking knows. they’re all telling us something different. I wonder if they even really know 😂
I like what you were told MUCH better than what I was told!

Fingers crossed for results next week.

I also was told it will definitely be before the holidays earlier this week, so let's be hopeful for that!

I just called too. I was told that the results came out last year on December 10, so I should expect results around that date. I couldn't help myself and shared that I had in fact failed last year and received the letter on December 2, which was actually why I was expecting the results today (a Thursday), and that the not knowing was very anxiety provoking. After no response, I offered, "It sounds like this year, they will actually come out a bit later, like next week?" She seemed a bit taken aback but agreed and wished me good luck. So I agree - who knows. But probably next week.

Whoever you guys are getting ahold of is giving you more information, the guy I’ve been emailing emailed back again “we cannot give a more standard response than 2-3 months after taking the test.” I can’t imagine waiting until after Christmas….

I would suggest stop calling them because they will delay it more I suspect and I am waiting for a twitter or webpage banner saying we "apologize " for the inconvenience but results will de delayed

Just called ABP - response was “within 2-3 months from the exam. I can’t be more specific than that”

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 1.29.10 PM.png

I don't know why they are telling people up to 3 months when their website clearly says within 60 days.....

Just seems like someone must know when they’re being released, because the date is written on the letters (all 3400+ of them). I get it - we won’t get to know when exactly the scores are coming out. Perhaps though, pass or fail, we should give the feedback that their current process causes undue anxiety.
The secretaries/staff probably do a mail merge once the scores are finalized by the board physicians and/or question writers. I have no idea how tech savvy you are, so I'll explain mail merge briefly: it's a program that takes data from a spreadsheet (name, email address, score, etc.), puts it into a premade letter template, and emails, saves, or prints all the letters in a matter of minutes. I assume they use a similar letter template to years past.

All this to say that the person who said they don't know until the day before emails are sent is probably telling the truth. I agree with giving feedback about how anxiety-provoking this is.

Also, mail merge probably isn't the hold up. It's probably the software used to calculate scores based on their algorithm. I really hope we get our results soon!

The secretaries/staff probably do a mail merge once the scores are finalized by the board physicians and/or question writers. I have no idea how tech savvy you are, so I'll explain mail merge briefly: it's a program that takes data from a spreadsheet (name, email address, score, etc.), puts it into a premade letter template, and emails, saves, or prints all the letters in a matter of minutes. I assume they use a similar letter template to years past.

All this to say that the person who said they don't know until the day before emails are sent is probably telling the truth.

Also, mail merge probably isn't the hold up. It's probably the software used to calculate scores based on their algorithm. I really hope we get our results soon!
I think they’ve changed the software that calculates scores based on their specific algorithm, and that’s what the hold up is.

The reason no one can tell us when scores will be released is probably because they are unfamiliar with the new software timeline.

They also are probably told that they need to tell us vague answers because if they tell us “you will know by Dec 8th” or something else specific, we would all be outraged if we didn’t know by then.

All that being said, I’m still furious, beyond frustrated, and completely loosing my mind…

My family keeps telling me to just be patient and that there’s nothing I can do, but I’m all out of patience. Having taken this test 3 times, I really need to know whether I passed or failed. If I have to take it again, I might die a little. :(

All this to say that the person who said they don't know until the day before emails are sent is probably telling the truth. I agree with giving feedback about how anxiety-provoking this is.

That makes perfect sense and is super helpful!

I think they’ve changed the software that calculates scores based on their specific algorithm, and that’s what the hold up is.

The reason no one can tell us when scores will be released is probably because they are unfamiliar with the new software timeline.

They also are probably told that they need to tell us vague answers because if they tell us “you will know by Dec 8th” or something else specific, we would all be outraged if we didn’t know by then.

All that being said, I’m still furious, beyond frustrated, and completely loosing my mind…

My family keeps telling me to just be patient and that there’s nothing I can do, but I’m all out of patience. Having taken this test 3 times, I really need to know whether I passed or failed. If I have to take it again, I might die a little. :(
That makes sense and I’m with you 💗 I really, really don’t want to take this another time. Also, seeing you here is reassuring and inspiring - if I fail again, I can and will try again.

I would ask if you have a gut feeling about it this time around, but those seem pretty meaningless with this particular test 😢

Also, why exactly are they changing their software?! 🙄 (I’m sure there’s a good answer, but it’s just a bit frustrating)

That makes sense and I’m with you 💗 I really, really don’t want to take this another time. Also, seeing you here is reassuring and inspiring - if I fail again, I can and will try again.

I would ask if you have a gut feeling about it this time around, but those seem pretty meaningless with this particular test 😢

Also, why exactly are they changing their software?! 🙄 (I’m sure there’s a good answer, but it’s just a bit frustrating)
My gut feeling is that I failed because that test is awful and I probably have PTSD from my first 2 attempts, lol. I’ve also had a long list of terrible health problems which seriously affected my ability to prepare for the exam.

I find the exam to be unnecessarily long and brutal. I can never tell how I’ve done. I always end up marking 15-20 questions per block. Some of the questions seem purposefully misleading and unnecessarily complicated.

I’m just over all of it. I don’t mean to sound like a “negative Nancy,” but I find this test to be torture and there’s no need for it to be so hard. The only reason it is, is so the ABP can make more money off of those of us who have to re-take it. There is no reason to be trying to weed people out who have already made it this far. I performed very well in residency, and am a successful pediatrician with a good reputation. (As are many of us who do not pass). But this test is a constant weight on my shoulders that makes me feel inadequate. It’s such a horrible feeling.

As far as what they changed about the software, who the heck knows?!?? It’s all just a bunch of BS if you ask me!

Reactions: 2 users
My gut feeling is that I failed because that test is awful and I probably have PTSD from my first 2 attempts, lol. I’ve also had a long list of terrible health problems which seriously affected my ability to prepare for the exam.

I find the exam to be unnecessarily long and brutal. I can never tell how I’ve done. I always end up marking 15-20 questions per block. Some of the questions seem purposefully misleading and unnecessarily complicated.

I’m just over all of it. I don’t mean to sound like a “negative Nancy,” but I find this test to be torture and there’s no need for it to be so hard. The only reason it is, is so the ABP can make more money off of those of us who have to re-take it. There is no reason to be trying to weed people out who have already made it this far. I performed very well in residency, and am a successful pediatrician with a good reputation. (As are many of us who do not pass). But this test is a constant weight on my shoulders that makes me feel inadequate. It’s such a horrible feeling.

As far as what they changed about the software, who the heck knows?!?? It’s all just a bunch of BS if you ask me!
Wow I relate to this so much. Thanks for being so open and sharing. Just know you are not alone.

Reactions: 4 users

I agree with you 100%. It is stupid and unfair and not at all reflective of your skill or worth. Unfortunately knowing that doesn’t lessen the financial, emotional, or time cost.

To echo others - thank you for being so open. It helps the rest of us to know we’re not alone.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you all for your supportive and kind words! It really means a lot!

On another note, earlier today I emailed Ashish Goyal and his team from PBR to inquire about when board scores might be released. (I felt that he might know more or have access to someone with some insight since he writes questions for the boards).

Here’s what they replied with:

“No bother at all! I'm afraid you're correct -- we were just able to confirm with ABP that the results won't be out until after Christmas.”

😡😡😡😡

On another note, earlier today I emailed Ashish Goyal and his team from PBR to inquire about when board scores might be released. (I felt that he might know more or have access to someone with some insight since he writes questions for the boards).

“No bother at all! I'm afraid you're correct -- we were just able to confirm with ABP that the results won't be out until after Christmas.”

😡😡😡😡
I seriously have no words 🤯

This is ridiculous! I just called and they said scores are coming out next week 😭😭😭 I just hope they come out with some announcement

😡😡😡😡
Do you think Ashish will be sending out an email or updating the Facebook page? The lack of (reliable) information is so painful 😭 😭

Bad news... just contacted PBR team myself... confirmed results won't be out until after Christmas... likely early January. I don't even know what to do at this point. :(

"Yvette here stepping in for Rea. We know this is not something we want to be worrying about during the holidays., but we were just able to confirm with ABP that the results won't be out until after Christmas or early January.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help for the time being.

Best,
Yvette & Team PBR"

Bad news... just contacted PBR team myself... confirmed results won't be out until after Christmas... likely early January. I don't even know what to do at this point. :(
Thank you both for doing that - the information is infuriating and helpful to know.

But why that much of a delay? And why can’t the ABP give us all that update via email, twitter, their website, or something?!

Why you guys think there is delay?

Histroically scores were never released on December 1. It has been alaways within the first 10 days of December. The people you are calling have no idea on what day scores will be out, this is why you are getting diffrent answers. Scores most likely will be out next week like always.

Histroically scores were never released on December 1. It has been alaways within the first 10 days of December. The people you are calling have no idea on what day scores will be out, this is why you are getting diffrent answers. Scores most likely will be out next week like always.
The last two years it was dec 2nd and dec 3rd. This was exactly 7 weeks from the Thursday exam date. Seven weeks from the Thursday exam date this year would’ve been Dec 1st…which is why I assume a lot of people were hoping it would be today.

Because some folks were told today when they called the ABP that there would be a delay until after Christmas, and then they confirmed that info with PBR. We obviously hope results do end up coming out in the next week.

At this point, all we can do is wait. Hopefully the scores will be out well before Christmas, but if they aren’t, there’s sadly nothing we can really do.

I honestly think there’s a strong possibility that the ABP doesn’t know how long their new software is going to take compared with their old software. They are likely telling us that scores won’t be available until after Christmas because they don’t want to say sooner and be incorrect - they’d be inundated with more angry phone calls and e-mails than they already are! They don’t want to make promises they can’t guarantee, which I get.

What really frustrates me is that they are not reliably communicating to all test-takers about this is any way, which leads to mistrust and lack of confidence in them to do their jobs.

Maybe we will eventually get an email or something…who knows?!???

Don’t worry. They’re probably just figuring out how much money they want to raise their salaries by this year, and therefore trying to figure out how many people they need to fail.

The CEO of the ABP makes $832,000.

CE05EB15-5972-4324-A1C0-C539CEF2BF4E.jpeg
126EC1A5-21A5-4647-8F2D-6F17623CF1A9.jpeg
76C71BB8-3EE2-4F58-8663-B5C6F5553FEF.jpeg